Ive left my jacket on the bus...!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
There are some fecking morons around.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Why isn't there a number (888 maybe) that would connect the user with the nearest police station. That way when you wanted to report something minor like a car window being smashed, you wouldn't have to phone 999 or try and find a police station in a strange town.

Just a thought

Globalti

Legendary Member
Er... they already exist, they're called non-emergency numbers. Members of our street association call 0845 1 25 35 45 which is for Lancashire Police, to report drivers racing through our street. Seems like an easy enough number to remember.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
what if your in a location that you don't know the local police number? i cycle through many borughs and councils on the way to work, and don't know any of the local police numbers. am i going to call my local home police station to report a crime that happened 10 miles away?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rigid Raider said:
Er... they already exist, they're called non-emergency numbers. Members of our street association call 0845 1 25 35 45 which is for Lancashire Police, to report drivers racing through our street. Seems like an easy enough number to remember.

Yeah, we have one in York, can't recall it off hand:blush:. It's a good point though about being somewhere different and not knowing what number to call, a national number would help with that.

That said, the eijits in the story didn't even remotely need the police, local or not. Morons.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

cisamcgu said:
Why isn't there a number (888 maybe) that would connect the user with the nearest police station. That way when you wanted to report something minor like a car window being smashed, you wouldn't have to phone 999 or try and find a police station in a strange town.

Just a thought

Thats a great idea !

AllThatJazz!

I quite liked the woman complaining of the pavement artist.. whose work was in chalk during the wettest summer on record here ... hmmmm!

She said "it's not nice"...

OK ....but it was chalk. I'll be fair enough to say she may have had a point if indelible paint!

But the rest? Losing a mobile phone? Leaving a coat on a bus? Losing a bus ticket? Seeing a cat attack a mouse? for crying out loud!

I'm a teacher by profession. Hell.. I hope to God I teach the kids I meet not to be morons.

Jonathan M

gaz said:
what if your in a location that you don't know the local police number? i cycle through many borughs and councils on the way to work, and don't know any of the local police numbers. am i going to call my local home police station to report a crime that happened 10 miles away?

118212 - Maureen. Ask for which ever plod you need, they will ask if it is an emergency, and away you.

Then save each constabulary none -emergency number as you acquire them and use it. So far I've got merseyside, lancashire, manchester, kent (don't ask).

I suppose with respect tolost property, insurance co. will usually ask that it is reported to police in case it is handed in - but not via a 99 fecking 9 call!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
In our area we have the normal 999, obviously. We also have a number of our local police station for non emergency calls, but you need the police for whatever reason.

Top Bottom