James' Bond's Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rikki

Legendary Member
A Windcheetah HyperSport for Mr Bond.

Cathryn is so right about the ladies. The possibilities for well dressed femmes fatal on sexy machinery are ;):biggrin::biggrin:

But what will the bad guys ride?

Mr Bond's Windcheetah will only need to carry minimal laser guiding equipment and some electronic countermeasures. The unmanned predator drones in the sky can do all the heavy lifting and deliver the necessary exploding things when required.

I'd like a pair of rockets pointing rearward to give me a boost when the legs are tired, or just to get right away from those nasty steriod enhanced bad guys chasing me.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
It would obviously have to be a USS recumbent but I tend to a bike rather than a trike. I can just imagine the little rocket launchers, normally tucked out of site vertically behind the seat, deploying to a horizontal position ready to kill the baddies, who are obviously in cars. Just like my Street Machine actually ...

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Uncle Phil said:
It would of course be a British bike. So what would it be?

Custom steel? A Thorn? (surely not). Something quirky and beautiful like one of those stainless steel Moulton New Series?

Surely he would ride one of these, although perhaps this is more Sean Connery than the new chap, who would probably have one of these more modern, hi-tech ones ;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
I would have said a Windcheeter too. The steering yoke would double as a joystick control for the guided missiles hidden under the seat and it would have three hub motors that would power it up to some silly speed. It would have tires that inflated to balloon tyres for flotation while pedalling over water and the bottom bracket would open up revealing an anti tank missile in the frame tube.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
It has to be glamourous, and that's one thing a Brompton isn't.

Anyway, his stainless steel Moulton new series would fit nicely (separated) in the boot of his Aston Martin. When he has to pursue the glamourous female spy through a network of alleyways in some European capital, he can abandon the Aston for the Moulton and catch her that way.

Q might supply a Brompton, but Bond doesn't have to use it.

Now if the newly-reconstituted Moulton Bicycle Company can come up with the right money for product placement, they might sell a few bikes...

Graham O

rikki said:
But what will the bad guys ride?

That would have to be a Pashley Gov'nor. :blush:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'd say a Windcheetah too, in carbon of course (to apparently evade radar or something...)

With parascending chute attached of course, so that he could pedal straight off an alpine haripin when chased, and glide to safety....

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Mort said:
Would he have mudguards or would he walk around with a big wet skidmark up his backside? And he'd need bicycle clips with those suits.

He'd have special carbon/titanium slap wraps, which would double up as garottes, and each have a cutting edge for throat slitting...

Amanda P

Legendary Member
He'd have a suit with velcro legs which remove for easy cycling. They would have mysteriously re-attached themselves in the shot following any cycling sequence, when also his hair's been re-set and his suit pressed.

Mud only occurs to bad guys, so Bond wouldn't need mudguards. The baddies would of course get plastered in it though.

The sort of bad guys that get mown down in droves by machine gun fire would just ride black anonymous hybrids (Subways, perhaps). The villain might have a Gov'nor, though - although I think something more high tech, sinister-looking, and foreign, would be more appropriate. Maybe a Velokraft or one of those other all-black carbon low racers?

Top Bottom