Jeremy Vine meets a gangster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

Several .gov sites can give tax info.

Shaun

Edit to say I was beaten to it...

huggy

Oh, dear. She is in a little trouble, then... does not being taxed invalidate your insurance, too?
No it doesn't, if that was the case how would you take a car that has been SORN to an MOT which you need before you can buy the tax.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Oh, dear. She is in a little trouble, then... does not being taxed invalidate your insurance, too?

No because you can't tax a car unless you're insured. So if your insurance is invalid because you're not taxed, you can't get tax, because your insurance would be invalid.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Having no road tax does not invalidate your insurance. But people who don't tax their cars often don't insure them either.

The disadvantage of having cameras all over your bike is that you cannot take your multi tool out of your pocket and stab people to death :O)

When she started with the horn. Just where did she expect him to go.

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
You can insure an untaxed car (and in this circumstance I'm referring to a car that needs to be taxed). However, you will not be covered by your insurers for driving it on a public road unless, as @glenn forger says, you have a pre-booked appointment for an MOT which you require in order to tax it.

Why do you think that ? So if i neglect to tax my car my insurance suddenly becomes invalid - how so?

Top Bottom