Jeremy Vine meets a gangster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days

potsy

Rambler
you have a pre-booked appointment for an MOT which you require in order to tax it.
Maybe she had an appointment and was running late, then some bloody cyclist got in her way :whistle:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
But why would he say it?

I don't know. Why did the driver say it?

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I don't know. Why did the driver say it?
Because she was annoyed by a cyclist and has a beef against them, I'm guessing.

Maybe she actually hates white people and that's what she really meant, but I don't think that sort of presumptive speculation does anybody any favours, do you?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Okay, I was wrong. But is that in only the situation where you are going to your MOT appointment?

You are "allowed" to drive without an MOT or TAX to a PRE_BOOKED mot providing you have insurance. Assuming you pass, you may then tax the car. You are not allowed to tax the car without an MOT or insurance. This is the bit that I think people have got mixed up about

If the no tax = no insurance thing were true, you would get stuck in an endless loop which would be logically impossible to escape from

Melvil

I have only fairly recently started commuting again after snapping my leg like a twig some years ago and this just depresses me and also scares me quite a bit. All it takes is some knob who has had a bad day and...

Top Bottom