John Noakes has gone missing ... :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 3772351, member: 259"]What's funny is that even if the UK leaves the EU, English will still be the main EU working language. So the business of the EU will be done in one of the official languages of Ireland, Malta, and Cyprus. The French are going to be in despair![/QUOTE]

the french..lets shut the port in a heatwave..fill the tunnel in for me

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
They would and you can get trackers for people suffering from dementia. It does throw up issues about the liberties of the tracked person though. Can they give valid consent. Is it better to track them, rather than keep them secure for their own safety. Etc.
If you've got a couple of yoghurt pots and a long length of string you don't all that new-fangled rubbish.

Sometimes there are moments on television

I have never forgotten the Wogan interview where Wogan innocently asked about Shep and John Noakes informed him that Shep had died that morning and then cried.

In the present day of contrived TV, it reflects reality at its most natural

Most phones comes with tracking apps these days. I guess they're only use if they are taken but it would surely helps with some situations like this?

Tracking apps are something of a controversy

However they can be useful when used with consent in exactly this sort of situation

Levo-Lon

Guru
Sometimes there are moments on television

I have never forgotten the Wogan interview where Wogan innocently asked about Shep and John Noakes informed him that Shep had died that morning and then cried.

In the present day of contrived TV, it reflects reality at its most natural

i thought of that earlier..was rather touching..he did love that dog

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Good news, although the life he has with that illness is one i will be after a dignitas appointment
My limited experience of people with dementia is that they often find happiness in their lives, it's their families who tend to suffer most.

Levo-Lon

Guru
My limited experience of people with dementia is that they often find happiness in their lives, it's their families who tend to suffer most.

well i watched it kill my grandma last year.. sadest thing to blight man, she seemed terified ..

stephec

Legendary Member
well i watched it kill my grandma last year.. sadest thing to blight man, she seemed terified ..
Did she not have good days as well?

My nanna died almost a year ago aged 93 after having it for about 10 years.

When she was on form though she was still good company, but the next day she wouldn't know who you were.

Her sister, great auntie Nell, is 88 and has gone the same way now.

Last time I went to see her she kept calling me by my dad's name, and despite being in a home for years was convinced she was going home that night. There was no way of telling her otherwise without her getting really upset.

Next time I see her we'll probably have a good laugh talking about when I used to visit her as a little kid.

Not right now FFS, I'm in it!

I may have one of these in the garage, I can let you have it fairly cheaply

FrenchMarineRunningTunnelTBM.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
[QUOTE 3772632, member: 45"]It can result in all sort of emotions, from happiness to absolute terror.[/QUOTE]

And violence which is terribly upsetting. Horrible condition to get, and many docs are crap at diagnosing early when families spot changes. Early intervention can slow progress. My FIL was starting to get it, but because he could answer questions like who is the PM but not what did you have for lunch etc he was fine. We noticed it for months and months but before it got serious we realised something else was up, that's when we got him checked out and it was stage 4 lung cancer.

[QUOTE 3772627, member: 45"]That was on a kids' programme that used to be on at 530pm. Unless he did the same on Wogan as well.[/QUOTE]

It was both...

The original tearful announcement was on the Wogan show, the death was more formally announced a few days later on the "Fax" programme and later followed up with an interview with Noakes and his wife.

And violence which is terribly upsetting. Horrible condition to get, and many docs are crap at diagnosing early when families spot changes. Early intervention can slow progress. My FIL was starting to get it, but because he could answer questions like who is the PM but not what did you have for lunch etc he was fine. We noticed it for months and months but before it got serious we realised something else was up, that's when we got him checked out and it was stage 4 lung cancer.

If the women are to scale, it is possible to fit the wine output of a small French region in there ... and have room for a few baguettes and some onions

... or of course they are VERY small women, in which case, probably not

Top Bottom