John Noakes has gone missing ... :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 3772627, member: 45"]That was on a kids' programme that used to be on at 530pm. Unless he did the same on Wogan as well.[/QUOTE]
FAX!
Born near Halifax.

classic33

Leg End Member
Used to shop in Halifax as well. Advertising this in three in the town centre.
Make it with Noakes.jpg

Last edited:
[QUOTE 3772701, member: 45"]The Fax presenter asked Noakes what happened to Shep (he was already distraught because the BBC didn't let him keep him) and he replied "I have some very sad news, he died last Tuesday" and broke down in tears.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but that is another myth...

Noakes was allowed to keep Shep even though the "ownership" was retained by the BBC along with a ban on using the dog for promotions, commercials or suchlike

Contrary to popular legend, while Shep belonged to the BBC, Noakes was not required to return Shep to the BBC when he left. Although Noakes retained Shep, he was forbidden to use him for advertising purposes,
(Wikipedia)

It was also in Biddy Baxter's book on Blue Peter. She goes into some detail about the deal including removing the allowances that Noakes had received as a presenter, somehing that he allegedly resented as he became responsible for feeding, maintenance and vets bills

it was allegedly Baster's idea that Noakes looked after Shep

Levo-Lon

Guru
Did she not have good days as well?

My nanna died almost a year ago aged 93 after having it for about 10 years.

When she was on form though she was still good company, but the next day she wouldn't know who you were.

Her sister, great auntie Nell, is 88 and has gone the same way now.

Last time I went to see her she kept calling me by my dad's name, and despite being in a home for years was convinced she was going home that night. There was no way of telling her otherwise without her getting really upset.

Next time I see her we'll probably have a good laugh talking about when I used to visit her as a little kid.

she drove my dad nuts..just seemed to be like a short tape 8 track.." continuouse play cassete for our younger members" just same thing over and over..setting fire to things taking all her meds in one day..carers were poor english speakers..put her eye drops in her ears..wtf glad it was that way round..mind you she had her 60th birthday every 12 mins so maybe she was happy in that place..
the last months were just pittiful..bless her i was glad when she died..more so for dad..

Saluki

World class procrastinator
An absolute legend in the true sense of the word

I remember that very clearly. I also remember feeling faintly sick while watching it. I had a similar feeling when Lesley Judd was being winched up to that lighthouse on a cable and the waistband slipped down to her ankles.

John Noakes was easily the best presenter that Blue Peter ever had. So glad that he was found.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Asking for the boring of a personal submarine wine pipeline is a step too far, Fabbers.

^_^
I thought it might be easier than cutting back my consumption ....

Top Bottom