Just completed my firsrt cross race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KINGCUTTER

Well I decided instead of growing my hair long and buying a Harley been in my 50th year I would do a bit more cycling and do things I have never done before, it was the Scorton Scramble I came last but did not expect anything else to be honest and it sure was not that bottle cage I took it off. Now where are those leather pants.;)

Young Un

Well done mate, I did my fourth one today, and I am slowly improving, stick with it!!

OP
OP
K

KINGCUTTER

Dave5N said:
Nice one.

I'm still looking for my lungs. Last seen hanging out somewhere on a muddy playing field.

I know I wish I could have had more bike time, my knees just don’t like running plus with it been my first time I was maybe been to carful I had studs on as well and they just made things worse, I must say this is the first comp I have ever taken part in and the sense of achievement at my age to actually finish is quite a buzz.

Young Un

Dave5N said:
Nice one.

I'm still looking for my lungs. Last seen hanging out somewhere on a muddy playing field.

How'd you find it today Dave?

Was well annoyed that we didn't get to go down the steep hill at the far end of the course - I went down it on one of my warm up laps and it was great fun.

Young Un

Oh Dear - that happened to me at bromsgrove so I know how you feelxx(

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Dave5N said:
I ground to a halt when the bike clogged up. Wheels wouldn't turn at all.

Ugh.

The mud was really quite sloppy at Hillingdon today and there were some puddles to aim at to clean some of it off too. It was bloody miserable tho', fine cold rain.

OP
OP
K

KINGCUTTER

palinurus said:
Cross is great isn't it? why it's great I'm not sure, but it is.

Any idea when I will stop buzzing I want to get out there again,I felt I improved every lap and could tackle bits I had to walk the lap before.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
It does get like that. Thankfully there's all that kit to clean, stops it becoming too habit-forming for me. Are you going to get a chance to get another one in while the cross season lasts?

OP
OP
K

KINGCUTTER

Dave5N said:
2 more for me. Still got two and a half bikes to clean after today's little outing though.

I actually now know where the wife keeps the mop bucket and Hoover,as I had to use them both :smile:

Top Bottom