Just thought I'd let you all know...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radius

SHREDDER
Radius is clipless. Another scalp to the SPD ranks. Sorry Dave. Lot of fun, this stiff-soled lark. Faster too. Mmm.

Hello :sad:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Welcome to the club!
Faster is good isn't it.
In a months time you will find it has become disagreeable to cycle in any other shoes.

L8r :sad:

kyuss

Veteran
Once you go clipless you'll never go back.

I was fixing up an old mtb for a mate to commute on a coupe of months ago. It was fitted with flat pedals and toe clips and I had to cycle it up to his work to drop it off. It was such a weird and horrible feeling I hope I never have to experience it again. How anyone can cycle using those I'll never know.

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
tdr1nka said:
Welcome to the club!
Faster is good isn't it.
In a months time you will find it has become disagreeable to cycle in any other shoes.

L8r :biggrin:

Faster is certainly better, although DJ will have more to complain about :angry:

And yes I'm slightly worried that I might have to get M520s for my other bike too :biggrin:

Erm, "l8r" :wacko: :biggrin:

hackbike 666 said:
Have you got a pic of it Radius?

Nope not yet, sorry, will do when I get time. The latest decent pic of my bike has spoke reflectors, and tope clips :ohmy: Oh the shame!

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
Uncle Mort said:
There is NOWT wrong with reflectors. They are a legal requirement in a lot of countries. But yes, the toe clips have to go. :angry:

I know, but, yknow....they're orange.... :wacko:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Well done! Am a fairly newbie to Spd's too, and after the initiation to my hamstrings, everything is happy days! Love them!

Almost had my first clipless moment last wednesday, but broke the cleat instead! £20 down the drain!

See ya on the fleet cycle with them dude!

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
Davywalnuts said:
Well done! Am a fairly newbie to Spd's too, and after the initiation to my hamstrings, everything is happy days! Love them!

Almost had my first clipless moment last wednesday, but broke the cleat instead! £20 down the drain!

See ya on the fleet cycle with them dude!

Cheers Davy
Not really noticed any extra muscle pain, quite the opposite really, everything seems a bit easier.
and you BROKE a cleat? how on earth did you manage that? Did you have them set really tight? Luckily (touch wood) I haven't had a clipless moment yet, a couple of nearlies, but I have them set at the loosest setting at the moment, which I am thinking about tightening just a bit.

Uncle Mort said:
When I have assembled enough wisdom from my son, I will post pictures of my beautiful new "old" Colnago. With orange reflectors :wacko:

I would like to see it. I'm sure they'll look 'retro' :angry: :ohmy:

johnnyh

Veteran
I went clipless last week, it's great. Nearly had a clipless moment when rolling to a stop, removing helmet and sunglasses, forgot about being clipped in... got my foot out just in time with the bike at about 45 degrees :angry:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ah, but Radius, you have younger legs!

Am not sure, they are at their the loosest setting, so quite weird! I know I had a panic when toppling over, then out it popped out, broken! Initially I thought phew, I like these cleats even more, then it dawned when there was no satisfying clunk sound...

No warranty too on them apparently, so I bartered for a discount! hehe!

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
Davywalnuts said:
Ah, but Radius, you have younger legs!

Bah, you're not *that* old!!! (at all!) :angry:

Am not sure, they are at their the loosest setting, so quite weird! I know I had a panic when toppling over, then out it popped out, broken! Initially I thought phew, I like these cleats even more, then it dawned when there was no satisfying clunk sound...

No warranty too on them apparently, so I bartered for a discount! hehe!

Sounds very odd, are these Shimano? I think I need to adjust my left one, but here's hoping it doesn't, er...break...

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ahhh, cheers buddy! Am still in my twenties! Just!

Yeh, the 540's with spd-sl cleats.. I did have them set up incorrectly, but in getting the new ones and aving a moan, I got the shop to set them up for me! Should have done it first time around, alas, I had a saturday muppet serve me...

I also weigh considerly more than thou and walk around on them.. *shush*...

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
Heh, that's why I got the M075s rather than complete road shoes. Interestingly, do you know what was 'wrong' with your setup, cos I've done mine myself, and all seems fine, but I'd like to know if it was anything specific for me to avoid...

Top Bottom