Keep Calm People!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Greggs have shut it’s stores after IT issues causes problems with payments.

No need to panic! 😂

If that isn't a reason to panic, what is?

Alex321

Veteran
The only enjoyable experience I've ever had at a motorway service station was at Tebay.

https://www.tebayservices.com/

There is n o doubt at all, that is the best quality food of any motorway services I have ever stopped at. It is usually our lunch stop on the way back from my daughter's when we visit her.

They do now have another one at Gloucester Gate. I don't know if the quality is as good there, as it is on a stretch of motorway I virtually never use, so have never called in.

simongt

Guru
That's been my experience. fresh from the oven at a local shop -no problem. Motorway services, pretty disappointing as anything with pastry on is busily ransferring grease from the filling to the pastry if kept hanging around too long.
Concur with both views. Our experience in the very odd occasion that we have to use Greggs; when there's no other option, then the results are very hit & miss. :dry:
However, must say that the one at Washington Services is consistently pretty good at least. And they have stotties - ! :okay:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I remember when Gregg's first started opening branches around the country. I was out shopping with my missus, and while she nipped in to one shop she sent me over the road to "Gregg's the Bakers" to pick up a loaf of bread (thinking even I couldn't screw up that task). "Sorry Sir. We don't sell bread" I was told to my incredulity. Don't think I've ever been back since, though I notice that they have long since stopped branding themselves as "Gregg's the Bakers".

Alex321

Veteran
I remember when Gregg's first started opening branches around the country. I was out shopping with my missus, and while she nipped in to one shop she sent me over the road to "Gregg's the Bakers" to pick up a loaf of bread (thinking even I couldn't screw up that task). "Sorry Sir. We don't sell bread" I was told to my incredulity. Don't think I've ever been back since, though I notice that they have long since stopped branding themselves as "Gregg's the Bakers".

When the first one opened in Pontypridd, many years ago, they did sell bread, and had a slicing machine to slice it in front of you (provided it wasn't too warm from the oven). That was where we bought most of our bread at the time.

This would have been mid 80's.

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
😂

Attachments

• IMG_1430.jpeg
    IMG_1430.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom