England : East Sussex L2B Veteran Car Run Sunday 3 November 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

2691844 said:
Paging @Blue Hills and/or @User10571 is this being run as a Lewisham Cyclists event this year?
I've just looked and it doesn't appear on their rides calendar, although another ride is scheduled for that day. Blue Hills may know otherwise, although I would've thought if he did, by now he would've let on.

U

User10571

There's a good chance that I'll join you - if the forecast isn't $h!te.

Kies

It was gross i was in joggers trainers and a "shower proof" coat lol.

LOL

wanda2010

Guru
Ah yes, rain and a puncture but rode behind some lovely old cars between Westminster Bridge and Brixton. Not around for this one so I'll hope the weather Gods are in a good mood for this.

Last edited:

StuartG

slower but further
I've done it twice and had great times - though thankfully not last year. I hope Lewisham haven't dropped it because of any problem with the organisers/authorities. It is a car rally and it does need care not to cause issues for drivers of vehicles with dodgy steering and interesting braking systems. Any feedback yet?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'll FB message Bill of Southwark Cyclists. He was the main organiser last year.

But as I said, As long as the weather is good I will be doing the ride and can imagine a good few others. Over the years the ride has been run, it has attracted cyclists outside of the Lewisham/Southwark/Pollards Hill group run.

Tim Hall

I'll FB message Bill of Southwark Cyclists. He was the main organiser last year.

But as I said, As long as the weather is good I will be doing the ride and can imagine a good few others. Over the years the ride has been run, it has attracted cyclists outside of the Lewisham/Southwark/Pollards Hill group run.
I think Bill bailed last year, after we failed to fix his puncture three times on the escape from Croydon. I may well be on this, either full or part time.

Top Bottom