La Course 2015 - spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
coffeejo

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Ha! Loved Hannah Barnes' reference to "the men's race".

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Vos being very diplomatic when asked about the future for women's cycling. Good that there's a race at the Vuelta.

SWSteve

Guru
Just watched the last 15k on +1.

They've got come balls flying around the cobbles in the rain, I would've been on my arse a long time before even getting to one of the turns.

U

User169

Excellent race. And Vos is such a brilliant ambassador for women's cycling. Looking to the future, I hope she continues working for the sport after she retires.

Right, it's drier here than Paris so time to walk the dog again before 4pm.

Vos already does a huge amount off the bike lobbying for better women's races and in general encouraging women to ride. Can't see her stopping - top athlete, top person (if a little nerdy!)

U

User169

Does nerdy matter? She's a star.

Not to me - I find what seems to me her gaucheness ( not sure if that's a real word) appealing. I'd say exactly the same of Froome.

Having said that, my daughters seem depressingly unexcited by her compared to say Naomi van As (double Olympic hockey gold medallist) and Dafne Schippers (top euro sprinter) who come over as more urbane and don't have Brabant accents!

oldroadman

Veteran
Will we ever see a woman's TdF do you think? Or women competing in THE TdF?
Maybe (depends on money, sponsors, TV, audiences, logistics), and No because the physiological differences are simply too great (distances, speed, climbing speed, sprint speed,). There's a lot of good quality women's racing, and it should stand on it's own merits, which are many.

Top Bottom