La Vuelta a Espana 22/8 - 13/9 2015 (here be spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Personally I'd love to see Rodriguez risk everything and win or lose big time. Dumoulin or Aru are both dull but I favour Dumoulin slightly more as he is playing to his strengths whereas Aru is a bit of a bottler.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ooh, just watched the highlights and it looks like Aru got a hand-sling from an Astana team mate in the final race to the line. I wonder what the commissaires will do about that....
Naive question: Is that bad? I'm sure I've seen it in road racing before.

ISTR Kwiat giving Cav a hand sling so he could jump to a break in crosswinds in the TdF a couple of years back.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Naive question: Is that bad? I'm sure I've seen it in road racing before.

ISTR Kwiat giving Cav a hand sling so he could jump to a break in crosswinds in the TdF a couple of years back.
Banned, I'm pretty sure. Tolerated, perhaps, though I haven't seen it done. But in a red jersey fight it could be something the commissaires feel they have to rule on.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I switched from Eurosport's coverage to that of ITV4 a few days ago. I have to say I've been watching cycle racing since the great Hinault/Lemond Tour battle and I've learned more about tactics in half-a-dozen commentaries from David Millar than I've learned in the previous 30 years. His analysis of why it was Valverde's actions that enabled Dumoulin to take a few seconds was brilliant.

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Great finish, great use of an opportunity by Dumoulin.

From a theatrical point of view, it would rather spoil the denouement of the race if they slapped Aru with a 30" penalty.

Or it might make things even more competitive as others see an opening? It'll make Purito's, and possibly Majka's and even Quintana's gaps to 2nd / Podium look more bridgeable...

Archie

Errrr.....
Hello! Just for a laugh I'll go breakaway for stage 20.

Kiryenka, Monfort, Brambilla.

Edit: Oops, in the punditry thread of course.

Top Bottom