England : Cumbria Lakes Weekend Meetup #NEW DATE# May 2016 - #NOW CLOSED#

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
Ok, following on from this thread who is up for a Lakes weekend in May 2016?

###THREAD NOW CLOSED###
WHEN: EDITED: will aim for the Weekend of 20-23 May;
WHERE: Lake District, where-ever I can get! I'll aim to book accommodation based on Youth Hostel type (single-sex shared room basis) - plenty of suggestions on the other thread, they are also well suited to big groups with bikes;
WHO: Anyone is welcome!
WHAT: Focus will be on cycling but this is not compulsory - you can spend the weekend in the pub or reading poetry (or both) if you want to;
HOW: Get there how you like!
COST: Around £90-100 mark for 3 nights, excluding your food and transport (neither of which I am responsible for!)

I need to know an idea of numbers so names below please - only add your name if you are willing to send me a deposit (say £25) on request, and let me know if you are restricted on dates.

Any other thoughts/comments/suggestions welcome, will look to book something in the next few weeks.

REVISED LIST
@Fubar
@ShooglyDougie
@mcshroom
@Pat "5mph"
@flyingfifi
@MikeW-71
@annedonnelly
@DougieAB
@Rasmus
@Squid lips
@edindave
@Harry_Palmer79
@Mad Doug Biker
@SatNavSaysStraightOn (and partner)
Pauline R (Friend of @Pat "5mph")
@Edwardoka (still to make up his mind...)
@bigjim

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Meant to tag a few folk who voted, have been On Tour or previously shown an interest (in no particular order):

@Edwardoka @Scoosh @DougieAB @Harry_Palmer79 @mcshroom @Pat "5mph" (and all your Belles!) @Somebuddy @Fnaar @Brandane @Louch @ska1903 @frogeyes @Col5632 @ShooglyDougie @Rasmus @flyingfifi @Telemark @SatNavSaysStraightOn @MikeW-71 @bigjim

...and anyone else who knows me ;)

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Yes please, tell me more :biggrin:
Am i supposed to cycle to lake Como? :bicycle:
Edit: I'm in for sure!

Erm, what more do you need to know...?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Friday: Arrivee
Saturday: cycling
Sunday: cycling
Monday: Depart

Next!
You know I ride with GPS, do you want me to learn how to read a map??
Actually, just got a brilliant idea!
See how now you are an experienced audaxer? Why not organize a mini (100km) audax? That would be a challenge!
Any of us that get hopelessly lost can be rescued by local cycle chatters :smile:

edindave

Über Member
@Edwardoka has already baggsided that one, if he still lives.

Not even Google knows what you're on about.
Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 22.18.36.png

so does that mean I may have a co-conspirator?

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
You know I ride with GPS, do you want me to learn how to read a map??
Actually, just got a brilliant idea!
See how now you are an experienced audaxer? Why not organize a mini (100km) audax? That would be a challenge!
Any of us that get hopelessly lost can be rescued by local cycle chatters :smile:

I'm sure we'll get plenty route ideas from the collective, Ed already suggested the Fred Whitton - though that is mental and Ed is probably dead. For normal people we can plan a meandering 100k with the help of some locals :biggrin:

Top Bottom