Lancaster Lady, 42 years old :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Don't want to hi-jack @Blondie73's thread - hello, by the way. My brother lives in Lancaster but he's one of those lycra-clad racers you've seen.

Just wanted to ask @ScotiaLass where her picture was taken. Those arches over the water look interesting...
That is the top basin of the Falkirk Wheel - the worlds only rotating barge lift, which connects the Forth & Clyde and Union canals, in Scotland :smile:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
If you want to lose weight get a turbo. My other half has been riding for a few years now, never really lost any real weight she recently broke her coolar bone so no bike for her at the moment,But she has been using the turbo and the weight is droping of her, it must be all the sweating you do being indoors.:okay:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Turbos aren't for everyone. I've got one set up in my garage for when the weather is bad, but I get bored too quickly. In the summer I'd rather go out and get wet. If you go out on the bike, you have to carry on riding until you get home. On the turbo it is too easy to just give up!

ScotiaLass

Guru
Thanks, I've heard that it's worth seeing. Something to add to my list of places to go & things to see! Obviously there's a cycle path nearby...
There's lots! I use the towpath a lot but there are 70+ km of shared paths in and around the area, as well as trails etc.
It's only about 5 miles between the Falkirk Wheel and the Kelpies - well worth a visit :smile:

cj73

Perceived wisdom on weight loss is long and slow ( and dietary changes as mentioned previously). Re the asthma mine improved greatly when doc put me on symbicort.. Longer lasting than previous meds

Hello everyone. I am more of a gentle bike ride lady sticking to cycle paths away from roads. I take my time and I am often overtaken by young pups on their racers! I mainly cycle during summer months as cold air makes my asthma worse, but will attempt short distances on occasions to keep my stamina up in winter. I have a Dawes royal town bike as a 'sit and beg' bike helps keep my back straight to prevent back pain. A little basket to complete the mum look ( don't laugh!). I have lost about a stone but now seem to have leveled off. Would like to loose about another 1 half stone. Guess I am asking how many miles a day to help achieve this?
Well done on the weight loss. As has been already said keeping an eye on what you eat will help lose that last bit of weight. I too am an asthmatic and curb my riding a bit in the winter months. The basket on the front is cool and i would like to be able to carry off that look but i guess being a 44 year old mannie i would come in for quite a bit of stick if i stuck one on my bike. All the best and welcome to CC. Mike.

Bryony

Veteran
:welcome:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Welcome to CC @Blondie73

If you're a hill dodger, the run from St George's quay down the old railway to Glasson Dock, then onto Cockerham Sands is a nice ride (about 8-9 miles with only a dyke and a canal bridge to climb)... and if you're up for a little bit of grassy bridleway and a few more miles, it's flat as a pancake all the way to Knott End. Of course there's bugger all at Knott End apart from a different view of Morecambe Bay, but the prevailing wind does help on the way back to Lancaster.

OP
OP
Blondie73

Blondie73

Regular
Welcome to CC @Blondie73

If you're a hill dodger, the run from St George's quay down the old railway to Glasson Dock, then onto Cockerham Sands is a nice ride (about 8-9 miles with only a dyke and a canal bridge to climb)... and if you're up for a little bit of grassy bridleway and a few more miles, it's flat as a pancake all the way to Knott End. Of course there's bugger all at Knott End apart from a different view of Morecambe Bay, but the prevailing wind does help on the way back to Lancaster.
Thanks. I have done St George's Quay to Glasson Dock a few times but not gone further on. Will definately consider it :smile:

OP
OP
Blondie73

Blondie73

Regular
Well done on the weight loss. As has been already said keeping an eye on what you eat will help lose that last bit of weight. I too am an asthmatic and curb my riding a bit in the winter months. The basket on the front is cool and i would like to be able to carry off that look but i guess being a 44 year old mannie i would come in for quite a bit of stick if i stuck one on my bike. All the best and welcome to CC. Mike.
Thanks Mike. Well I guess you have heard of the man bag? I guess you could start a new trend with the man basket?! Call it the masket ;)

Hyslop

Veteran
:welcome:Hello there! You certainly live in a lovely part of the world,one of the best places to ride a bike I should think.That being so,I hope you enjoy your riding.Im one of the Cumbrian MAMILs,one of the slower ones,:smile:-take no notice of us,stick your nose in the air and your tongue out!:okay:Have fun!

Top Bottom