1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Landis 'fesses up?!

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling' started by dellzeqq, 20 May 2010.

1. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey King of All Wild Things

There is a hint on Cyclingnews today that this may start to go deeper after all. It seems that two anonymous individuals (but apparently amongst those named by Landis) may now be 'cooperating' in return for leniency... this could run and run.
  2. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

Advert
    I am an unashamed Lance fan and I will be gutted if it turns out he has been doping all along. What has struck me with all the dopers that have been caught, is that they have all been pretty much completely self-serving. I find it hard to believe that someone who has put together such a great cancer foundation to help other people would do that. So, until there's definitive proof, I shall continue to admire, support and believe in Lance who is still one of my sporting heroes along with Ayrton Senna.

3. After the latest in a series of allegations about doping in cycling, do you still believe in Lance Armstrong and his seven Tour de France wins?
    > Yes
    > No

I had trouble answering that.

Still believe
    ?
    No, 'cos I haven't believed for probably 7 or 8 years.

How about, "after all the evidence which has been available for so long, are you surprised by these latest allegations ?"
  4. raindog

raindog er.....

LOL
    I was looking for another box to tick too, but couldn't find one ;)
  5. There is a report in the New York Times to that effect.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/22/sports/cycling/22cycling.html
  6. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Yep, just in time for a big expose in say July? When the world is watching, what better way to make a few bucks?

Unfortunately this is likely to detract from the efforts on the road with the race taking second place in the world media.
  7. iLB

iLB Hello there

i don't know if you linked the wrong story, but i didn't get that impression at all...
  8. On the second page...

"The United States Anti-Doping Authority has taken a different line and appointed the federal investigator Jeff Novitzky to the case. Landis and Armstrong’s former wife are understood to be co-operating".
  9. iLB

iLB Hello there

ahh second page, doh
  10. eldudino

eldudino Bike Fluffer

I think it's funny that the blood was stored in a small fridge in Armstrong's apartment. Surely people would've seen this fridge and asked questions? Landis' story all seems a bit thrown together to me.
  11. No one has ever queried why I have a fridge.
  12. eldudino

eldudino Bike Fluffer

A separate fridge, I would expect LA to have a pretty slick kitchen and not a separate wee fridge hanging around somewhere.
  13. Telemark

Telemark Cycling is fun ...

:biggrin: you wouldn't want to accidentally use the wrong ingredients for freshly made black pudding, would you! :smile:

Mind you, Americans love their fridges, the bigger the better for the main one, and small mini-bar style ones in other rooms are apparently not unknown in more up-market accommodation ....

T
  14. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Interesting if Kik spills the beans but she may be financially beholden to LA
  15. mangaman

mangaman Guest

People who saw the fridge were probably well aware of it's contents

That's the point Landis is making - it was institutionalised and they all knew about it.

I doubt the fridge was on public display, next to his food fridge - that would have been odd. Probably in a spare room or even a shed/garage so only people in the know would see it
  16. eldudino

eldudino Bike Fluffer

If it were I with a fridge full of blood I wouldn't have it on my property, that's more my point. I think it's a pretty risky thing to have hanging around, too big a risk IMO. The truth will out anyway, it'll be a good story, whatever the outcome!
  17. Crackle

Crackle Pah.....

It means nothing in itself though. Just that they've chosen to answer some questions, it justs sounds better spun with the 'co-operation' tag.
  18. If you google Jeff Novitzky you'll find he is not a blazer from the UCI who might not want to uncover too much in case it damaged the sport, but a Federal Investigator with plenty of form.

To quote from the Times article again,

"If Novitzky concludes that US Postal did run a doping programme, Armstrong and others could face charges. Through Tailwind Sports, the US Postal team was funded by taxpayers’ money. The penalties for misusing such funds are draconian".
  19. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I can see LA using that as a defence:

LA: "My kitchen is too slick for me to have a fridge full of blood"
    Prosecution: "..but what about this slick SMEG we found...."
    LA: "****"
    Prosecution: "Nope, blood"