Scotland : Dumfries & Galloway Langholm Border Raid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MikeW-71

MikeW-71

Veteran
Only a few days to go for the thursday 5th run, any more interested?

Oct 26th is still on too. It's the last day before the clocks go back, which is handy. I'll post a thread for it after thursday.

Confirmed Attending:
MikeW-71
Clockhammer

Possible Attending:
Brandane
Jazloc

D

Deleted member 20519

I think I'm doing Pedal for Scotland on the 8th so I can't really afford the trains and stuff for this one

Brandane

Legendary Member
I'm having a crazy notion to cycle to the start for this. Largs to Moffat on Tuesday; Moffat to Langholm on Wednesday. Do the ride Thursday, and get the train home from Lockerbie on Friday! :smile:

This will be very much dependent on my back holding out at work tomorrow, so I am still a "maybe".

Last edited:
OP
OP
MikeW-71

MikeW-71

Veteran
I'm having a crazy notion to cycle to the start for this. Largs to Moffat on Tuesday; Moffat to Langholm on Wednesday. Do the ride Thursday, and get the train home from Lockerbie on Friday! :smile:

This will be very much dependent on my back holding out at work tomorrow, so I am still a "maybe".
Bold plan, I like it ! :biggrin:

Fingers crossed you can make it.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Bold plan, I like it ! :biggrin:

Fingers crossed you can make it.

Looking like a go-er now. Route loaded onto Garmin and bike fettled.

As I won't have internet access after I leave home, I am assuming the start/meeting point is at 10am, in a car park somewhere just over the bridge as shown on the route map? I have your mobile # in case of any problems. Hopefully see you all on Thursday :thumbsup:.

OP
OP
MikeW-71

MikeW-71

Veteran
Yes, you go through the town centre and past the bridge, shortly after is the car park. It's quite big so you can't really miss it. You can see it here:
https://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=55.1543,-2.999514&spn=0.004512,0.009677&t=h&z=17
https://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=55.1543,-2.999514&spn=0.004512,0.009677&t=h&z=17

clockhammer

I am a no go for this now, sorry. Have to be in preston on friday and need to be in the office on thursday to prep. There goes my bachelor time.

Brandane

Legendary Member
My attendance tomorrow is now in some jeopardy :blush:. I got as far as Moffat yesterday (a 100 miler after I had done a few laps of Moffat :smile:). When I got into the shower, the soap contact with my nappy rash let me know of its presence :ohmy:. This morning I fought the persistent headwind as far as Lockerbie, but I was struggling. Rather than spend money on 2 nights B'n'B in Langholm, I just came home (on a train!). I haven't given up hope of a recovery yet, and might turn up tomorrow with the bike in the back of the car. But don't wait for me..... :sad:

Tolvar

My attendance tomorrow is now in some jeopardy :blush:. I got as far as Moffat yesterday (a 100 miler after I had done a few laps of Moffat :smile:). When I got into the shower, the soap contact with my nappy rash let me know of its presence :ohmy:. This morning I fought the persistent headwind as far as Lockerbie, but I was struggling. Rather than spend money on 2 nights B'n'B in Langholm, I just came home (on a train!). I haven't given up hope of a recovery yet, and might turn up tomorrow with the bike in the back of the car. But don't wait for me..... :sad:

That's a bummer (no pun intended) it's amazing how quickly the body recovers so here's hoping you're well for tomorrow - i'll buy you some irn bru chocolates!!

OP
OP
MikeW-71

MikeW-71

Veteran
That was a success :biggrin:

Just back in and uploading to Strava, just Tolvar and I for the route, but it was an excellent ride with great company... again! Good weather, just a little damp in places in the morning. The afternoon was just spot-on weather and the route worked out really well.

Great to meet you Tolvar, hope to see you again soon on another ride. :bravo:

Top Bottom