Laser Printers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Laser printers are rubbish for photo's. Don't bother.

ScotiaLass

Guru
We use a mono laser printer for letters/homework etc and have a separate photo printer.
The laser printer does a great job for everyday stuff and is very economical to run.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
It's pretty easy to check what consumables your proposed laser printer will use (toner, fuser, etc), and how much they cost, before you buy it. Google laser toner suppliers and most of their websites will let you search for a given printer model. That will give you a pretty good idea of the running costs. Personally, I would never go back to an inkjet.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I have two monochrome Samsung SCX-3405W laser printers, one at work and one at home. They also scan and copy. I think they are fantastic. They cost about £100 each and you can get no-name toner cartridges for about £30.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I have a Samsung cheap `n cheerful laser and its great for letters and text for uni stuff.

However, be aware that with retail printers, especially cheap ones, you don't get a full cartridge. Make sure you know how much it comes with, and how much for a replacement. (Or research how to refill with toner yourself, and if you are happy to do that)

Levo-Lon

Guru
Above statement sums them up..

i get so fed up with bloody ink cartridges drying up, my next printer will bw a laser jobbie

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I have a Samsung cheap `n cheerful laser and its great for letters and text for uni stuff.

However, be aware that with retail printers, especially cheap ones, you don't get a full cartridge. Make sure you know how much it comes with, and how much for a replacement. (Or research how to refill with toner yourself, and if you are happy to do that)
500 pages with the supplied cartridge, replacements from £24 (2600 pages) and fourteen quid for a refill kit. I'm happy to refill myself if it's reliable.

midlife

Guru
29 quid, blimey ! I remember the cost of the first HPLaserjets 20 plus years ago running PostScript. £2000 rings a bell...

Shaun

Top Bottom