Laura Trott's hair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

What gender are the other 12%?
I suspect that you realise that these are two independent percentages, not two portions of a whole :smile:

But not a bad gag, so you get a like

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I took this picture of a French rider (I've never managed to id her) during the 2014 UCI World Championships. Yes, she is sorting her hair while riding rollers no hands. :wub:

full.jpg
Wowser' look at the bun on that!!!!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If I'm feeling cheerful, I tell myself this is a good thing as it's a sign that the times, they are changing.

But it mostly just depresses me.
I guess we'll always need people on the margins who won't sit down and shut up while others in the middle will keep quiet and think of the more militant as too strident.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Since her hair is at the back of her head, it probably helps with the turbulent air coming off the back of the helment.

OTOH, Beryl Burton appears to have sported a short hair style in her riding career, and she certainly didn't hang around.

As someone who has never had long hair (and is unlikely to at my rate of balding), is there an influence of spare time on length of hair? I know I have had requests for dates turned down many-a-time by women citing "washing my hair" as an excuse, but does long hair take that much extra time and hassle to keep it in good condition that amateur or semi-amateur athletes previously haven't had the time/energy to do?
I'm certainly no athlete!
For years used to have long enough hair for a pony tail, then there was a CC Ecosse tour planned, 4 days on the road: I cut my hair very short and stopped dying it too, pure au naturel.
It did not make me any faster, but it certainly made things easier.
I left it that style ever since, great for the bike.

My impression is that quite a few young women do not embrace the feminist label, all the while taking for granted many of the things that earlier feminists had to fight for.
Did you know the young ones started to wear corsets again, to make them look slimmer?
When I said to my colleague that her ancestresses fought for the right not to wear corsets she was unaware.

Top Bottom