Laura Trott's hair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goody

Veteran
I find it odd that female athletes even go to the length of having their baps removed to save weight, become aero etc but still have hair, wear clothes etc.
Being a man, you might not realise how horribly painful running can be when a person has large breasts.

He's probably not fast enough to catch them and ask.

winjim

Smash the cistern
That's kind of what I said earlier. The point I was trying to make is that the discussion drifted to how Laura and Jo look (comments about legs and general attractiveness) rather than their prowess as athletes and/or the benefits of weight saving.
You might find this project interesting.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/womensgoldmedalists/womens-gold-medalists-rio-2016/description

Doesn't look like it's doing too well with the funding, but I hope she at least does the poster. I might get one for my daughter's bedroom.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Do you have a link to this story? I'm pretty sure it would have nothing at all to do with 'saving weight' and 'becoming aero' and everything to do with being comfortable. Being a man, you might not realise how horribly painful running can be when a person has large breasts.

I can vouch for this. Years ago when i was into weigh lifting i had large pectorals that hindered my running so much that i gave it up. Have you suffered from the same thing Tiny?

Tim Hall

Drifting slightly back on topic, how much of an effect to the cyclists aerodynamic goodness did the addition of the on board cameras make? Were all riders obliged to carry them, or just one rider per team? Has anyone done an analysis of riders with cameras vs riders winning?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'll say one thing for you, Accy, you have the greatest talent on CC for making yourself look really stupid. Pecs are muscles; breasts don't contain any muscles. Hope that helps. Now, why don't you go and play dressing-up and stop being such a creep.

It was a serious question. How was i to know you are a female. What with the revelations on Friday my mind is in turmoil.:wacko:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Drifting slightly back on topic, how much of an effect to the cyclists aerodynamic goodness did the addition of the on board cameras make? Were all riders obliged to carry them, or just one rider per team? Has anyone done an analysis of riders with cameras vs riders winning?

In the individual events, all riders were obliged to carry them. In the team pursuit, it was one rider per team. Riders were allowed to place the camera on the bike wherever they liked.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
In the individual events, all riders were obliged to carry them. In the team pursuit, it was one rider per team. Riders were allowed to place the camera on the bike wherever they liked.
Absolutely wherever? Even if this negated its usefulness as a camera? (eg pointing straight down at the track, or something like that)

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
It was a serious question. How was i to know you are a female. What with the revelations on Friday my mind is in turmoil.:wacko:
Screenshot_20160822-120122.png

HTH

Top Bottom