Le Mans hosting a 24 Hours cycling race!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mscott

Well if i can, I'll join the Cycle chat team of next year... We are already 3 for a cycle chat team. I'd like to see one this year!!

RabbitFood

How much are we looking at for everything as a rough guide for the cyclechat team per person, id be up for joining the team.

Or if not why dont we start now to get a team together for 2010 like others have suggested and be able to gain sponsership ( i do that for a living so I should be able to get some money in to help with the team) and a kit ect?????

BigBernard

Hi everyone, im new on the forum!
Didn't see that we were already talking about this event. I'm a great fan of the 24 hours car race, i go every year since 2002 but can't go this year:sad::smile:. But i heard of this race and sounds great, i would really like to go, but not on my own, looking for team mates! Really want to go this year!:angry:

yello

If there's enough interest, I'd love to see a 8 person 'leisure' team registered for this year; 5 blokes & 3 women... but I can't in honesty see that happening so maybe 2010 is something to aim for.

It's not going to be cheap. Registration alone will be around £100 each, and that's before transport and accommodation costs. At the moment, we have maybe have 4 blokes interested so we'd be looking at a 'prestige' team costing around £150 each registration - but I reckon you're in a serious league there and, frankly, I'm not up to that.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
yello said:
If there's enough interest, I'd love to see a 8 person 'leisure' team registered for this year; 5 blokes & 3 women... but I can't in honesty see that happening so maybe 2010 is something to aim for.

It's not going to be cheap. Registration alone will be around £100 each, and that's before transport and accommodation costs. At the moment, we have maybe have 4 blokes interested so we'd be looking at a 'prestige' team costing around £150 each registration - but I reckon you're in a serious league there and, frankly, I'm not up to that.

8 person leisure team has to be the way to go and I think that 2010 has to be the realistic target. As they say on Dragon's Den "I'm in"

BigBernard

oh come on, im sure there are 7 guys who would like to be part of this race this year?? i really want to go this year, but it's true that I don't think im able to do it in solo!:wacko::sad::girl::sad::thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

Mscott

apparently no one is interested this year... i'll be part of this cycle chat team next year, would have done it if wasn't planning to go this year with my friend.
Do you have any advices regarding the physical preparation??? and about the race???

BigBernard

Mscott, i don't really know your level. Are you use to short distance or long distance?
If you are all use to short distance, you and your team should divide the race in small relays of an hour each. If you are use to long distance you should go for long relays of 4 or 3 hours each. Actually it really depends on what you want to do. If you want to win or try to win you should go for short relays but very intensive, if it's just for fun then go for longer relays. Concerning the training, well you should keep going as usuall, im not good for advices about training.
Hope you'll manage a good ranking!

OP
OP
M

Mscott

Well you are going for fun... but if we can manage a good ranking, well why not!!!!:wahhey::biggrin:
We were actually thinking of very short relays of half an hour each in order to be able to go as fast as possible but on a short distance.
About the training, well we will see!:headshake:

yello

I'd be a 'fun' rider. I'd want to push myself when taking my turn but it wouldn't be gut busting.

That advice is 'interesting'... they really don't suggest long stints in the saddle, 90 minutes max. Which runs against my initial thinking so I'd need to think about that. Maybe shorter quicker stints are a better idea even for a 'fun' team.

OP
OP
M

Mscott

well thank you BigBernard for this advice, I just read the articles, they are quite interesting, and apparently our strategy of short relays of 30 minutes each seems to be a good idea!!
Still these articles are pretty technical... talking about home trainer and electro stimulation... We are not planning to bring all that stuff with us!! I'll have to try strechting between the relays and warm up properly!

About massages, I do not really agree, there are special massages for sportives and I'm sure they are great for a good recovery! What do you think???

BigBernard

I'd also be a "fun" rider:becool:, but I think I would have done short relays like Mscott suggested. Long relays are fine during the day, but imagine being on your bike on your own from midnight to 4 in the morning. It must be very boring and I'm not sure it is that easy to go for 4 hours of cycling when you are exhausted (excitement of the day, no sleep...)!

I like their strategy for a four rider team, it looks less scary for "fun" riders like me!:rolleyes:

OP
OP
M

Mscott

BB, there a new column on the website... "Looking for teammates" apparently if you are looking for a team you can contact the organizer and they will put you through with other people looking for teammates. Don't know if yoi are interested in being in a team with strangers but could be fun, and if you really want to go this could ba a solution!

Top Bottom