Leeds to Scarborough Saturday September 24: The Yorkshire Adventure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
A few days in Whitby at end of summer hols and took train to Scarborough

This is how you have to imagine it will (OK "may") look. North Bay looking south to the Castle

20160831_141606.jpg

Can I just warn everyone I will finish an MSc on 22 September and as a result may be quite hyper for a few days after this. I may well require alcohol on arrival in Scarborough if I am in a hyperexcited state after the ride. I find single malts and real ale have a suitable calming effect. Just sayin...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was going to keep this news a secret, but the excitement is too much to contain ... :whistle:

When Scarborough council heard about nickyboy's plans for a Yorkshire Adventure they immediately set up a committee whose remit was to plan a spectacular welcome for us. They arranged for a small-scale test event to be held earlier in the year so that any problems could be ironed out, The details must be just right for us. The event featured the same run round to the North Bay that we will be taking. It went very well, except for one significant hitch which will soon become apparent to you if you watch this recording with the sound turned up ... :wacko:

Don't worry - the committee arranged for the plastic trumpet wielded by a spectator next to the cameraman to be smashed into a thousand pieces. A more refined welcome awaits us! :okay:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I was going to keep this news a secret, but the excitement is too much to contain ... :whistle:

When Scarborough council heard about nickyboy's plans for a Yorkshire Adventure they immediately set up a committee whose remit was to plan a spectacular welcome for us. They arranged for a small-scale test event to be held earlier in the year so that any problems could be ironed out, The details must be just right for us. The event featured the same run round to the North Bay that we will be taking. It went very well, except for one significant hitch which will soon become apparent to you if you watch this recording with the sound turned up ... :wacko:

Don't worry - the committee arranged for the plastic trumpet wielded by a spectator next to the cameraman to be smashed into a thousand pieces. A more refined welcome awaits us! :okay:

Can I just say now that if I'm approaching anywhere near that speed around North Bay after 80-odd miles, I fully expect to be asked to provide a sample...:laugh:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Ride Notes are now available here

Can everyone who is planning to do the ride have a read of these? Any questions please PM me so as not to clog up the thread. Any questions that I think should have a wider audience I will post on here along with my reply or clarification

Attachments

• September 24th Leeds to Scarborough Ride Notes.docx
    15.8 KB · Views: 36

Julia9054

Guru
Ooh - I had forgotten all about this! I have just booked a room with Airbnb about 15 mins walk from Wetherspoons. We will be cycling from home and meeting up with you in Malton if that's ok.
Intend to cycle back to Knaresborough on Sunday. Or maybe train to York and cycle back from there if head is a bit fuzzy!

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Ooh - I had forgotten all about this! I have just booked a room with Airbnb about 15 mins walk from Wetherspoons. We will be cycling from home and meeting up with you in Malton if that's ok.
Intend to cycle back to Knaresborough on Sunday. Or maybe train to York and cycle back from there if head is a bit fuzzy!

Of course OK. Where folk start from or finish at is entirely flexible and up to them

Given we will be about 54 miles into the ride our arrival time into Malton may be subject to change. What happens is I rely on the more technocratic participants to run some live tracking gizmo so folk can see where we are

si_c

Guru
Of course OK. Where folk start from or finish at is entirely flexible and up to them

Given we will be about 54 miles into the ride our arrival time into Malton may be subject to change. What happens is I rely on the more technocratic participants to run some live tracking gizmo so folk can see where we are

I'm sure I can probably run something same as last time.

Top Bottom