Legalise Segways or send me to Strangeways

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Widely used in the Disney Parks in the US by security (especially the car parks which makes sense) and cleaners. They also have trouble shooters who use one - presumably to chase down and run over problem customers. :wacko:

dodgy

The security guards patrol the Mall at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas on Segways, they look really stupid on them. I had to stifle a laugh and look away as this fat security guard hovered along on one.

LLB

They shouldn't be on the pavements.

I can understand why they are good in parks with tyres like that though.

segway_52130t.jpg

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I hope they do (on the roads more than pavements), my dad's wanted one for sometime for his arthritis and he refuses to get one of the many superlarge SUV Hell's Grannies as the thinks they are a menace to other people on pavements. I doubt they'll get legalised in this country though.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Isn't it true that if the battery runs down while moving, all the fancy gyros stop working and it dumps you on the floor? I heard (god knows where, urban myth perhaps) that one of them did that very thing to George Dubbya, which has to be the only thing in their favour...:biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Arch said:
Isn't it true that if the battery runs down while moving, all the fancy gyros stop working and it dumps you on the floor? I heard (god knows where, urban myth perhaps) that one of them did that very thing to George Dubbya, which has to be the only thing in their favour...;)

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That could be true, however I recall the story of Gleneagles, Bush and the Bike...

LLB

I saw then being used in Geneva by the local plod earlier this year. If it enables them to outrun a perp on foot, then it is no bad thing IMO

Top Bottom