Let's talk fishing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Its always been fast moving stream fishing for me, smitten by the chalk streams in Dorset when i was a nipper, little brown trout mostly. Used to cycle 30 mile round trip, rod tied to top tube, wonderful ^_^

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Some years ago I used to course fish regularly. Float and occasionally ledger.Decided I might give it another go.soon changed my mind .Fishing seems to have become quite technical with various rigs.To complicated for me.
You were wise to keep an eye on costs :okay:

OP
OP
Salar

Salar

A fish out of water
Some years ago I used to course fish regularly. Float and occasionally ledger.Decided I might give it another go.soon changed my mind .Fishing seems to have become quite technical with various rigs.To complicated for me.

I'm no coarse fishing expert and I don't bother with all those fancy rigs. Traditional float, usually a waggler or a running ledger does me.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Some catches over the years

Attachments

• first beach cod.jpg
    first beach cod.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 23
  • first pike.jpg
    first pike.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Club record 24.4LB.jpg
    Club record 24.4LB.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 23
  • vinnerow carp 25lb.jpg
    vinnerow carp 25lb.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 28
  • common carp.jpg
    common carp.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 20

delb0y

Legendary Member

I still love it, despite that complexity. I just keep it simple and old style - trotting a float with a few maggots on the hook. Occasionally a simple feeder set-up, and a bit of lure fishing.

I haven't been this year, yet, mostly because of lock-down, but also the volumes of people out on the rivers seemed quite large. Normally it's easy to get away from folks on the river.

I'm hoping to do a little fly-fishing sometime soon, on a small local stream, as it'll be easy to carry the gear on the bike. Ten mile ride, followed by a little fishing seems like a good idea. But haven't done so yet.

crag

I just bought a Hybrid not only for the commute to work, but to carp fish the canals and cover as much ground as I can, having not been on a bike since school days.
Just trying to get my head round some panniers and a rack, oh and some waterproofs, and the glue in my puncture repair kit has gone hard, after only 35 years :smile:

13 rider

Guru
I used to fish course angling matches at a pretty high level .Used to be out every weekend fishing local matches but the change from traditional matches on rivers and canals to commercially ran fisheries slowly killed my enthusiasm . I would rather catch 10lb of roach then 100lb plus of carp . Still a member of my local club and fish with them a couple of times a year just to stay in touch . Just back from Cornwall were I fish a lake old school style for and waggler for some skimmer bream great fun

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
You don't have to follow the latest methods. All the old ones still work. I caught my biggest carp (24 lbs) on floating bread about 5 feet from the bank.

Top Bottom