level crossings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
domd1979 said:
Would Hatfield have happened under BR?

Yes, quite possibly.
Many accidents occurred during British Rail days. Many were found to be due to failure of equipment/signalling/track defects. Others were due to Driver/signalman malpractice or failure. Still others due to members of the public.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_rail_accidents#1946-1959. for example, shows those which were reportable.

domd1979 said:
You need to look beneath the surface before deciding if it really works.

We're not talking 'Undergorund' here are we...?;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rhythm Thief said:

I'm guessing that crossing had no lights or anything? Personally, I'd have stopped way before the point at which cars were still crossing...

As people say, if it was just the idiot who got affected, it wouldn't matter so much....

Also, of course, everytime someone does something daft, in this country at least, we have to have the whole up-in-arms safety debate and should we build a bridge at every crossing, rather than just saying "well, there you go, don't do it"...

Mr Pig

buggi said:
I beginning to think these people deserve to die

Totally agree. If those guys had been splattered I would feel no sympathy for them. My cousin used to do that on the railway near him. They would all stand on the line and the first one to jump out of the way was chicken. Morons, every last one of them.

Top Bottom