licking your dinner plate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
disgusting i know, but my dinner tonight was that good i had to pick my plate up (when no one was looking);)

Wigsie

Nincompoop
My wife is offended if I dont do this (sneakily when I think she isn't looking) after a meal.

D

Deleted member 1258

Finish of with a slice, or several, of bread in your gravy mmmm:biggrin:

OP
OP
G

gary r

Guru
dave r said:
Finish of with a slice, or several, of bread in your gravy mmmm:biggrin:

i couldnt use a slice of bread as i had a salad with grilled goats cheese & warm honey dizzled over it, pine nuts,beetroot & a delicious dressing:biggrin:

Night Train

Maker of Things
My ex wife used to give her plate to the dog to lick clean.

I never did. Dogs need boundaries. I would put food in its bowl but never off my plate cos I was boss.

I have been tempted to lick a plate clean but it is with puddings where I really have to fight the temptation.

yenrod

Its easier to wash ! :blush:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
yenrod said:
Its easier to wash ! :blush:

Surely you don't need to wash it if you lick it clean - straight back in the cupboard for next time.

Reminds me of a 'Man about the house' episode where he was told off for stacking the dirty dishes because then you have to wash-up the back of the plate too!!!

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's quite acceptable to break some bread onto your plate then use it to soak up the gravy; I expect even the Quoon does it.

Them tin foil containers for the chinese takeaway curry are the worst though. You cut your chin and graze yer nose trying to lick every last drop out.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
accountantpete said:
Them tin foil containers for the chinese takeaway curry are the worst though. You cut your chin and graze yer nose trying to lick every last drop out.

Better off waiting until the morning when it's cold and congealed - you don't have to 'chase' it around the foil then! :blush:

Top Bottom