Lifespan of a Charge Spoon saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Today I did a 100 mile sportive and it made my bum hurt. Not in a chaffing type way, more in a 'been kicked up the jacksee' type way.

Then I realised that the saddle I was riding is the only saddle I've ever had on any geared road bike I've ever owned! I bought it for £15 from a fellow Cycle Chat user and have used it on every bike I've owned since. At a guess (and by looking at Endomondo stats) I'd say that saddle has done more than 8,000 miles with this saddle betwixt my sweet cheeks.

So how long should a saddle last?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
On my first hybrid the saddle lasted less than 7000 miles before it split. on the Tricross I've done 22,000 miles and still on the original saddle. So to answer your question, it depends on the saddle

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm about twelve and a quarter and my Spoon is in pretty good shape after three years and fourteen thousand miles. I hardly ever get out of the saddle so the only shocks are from the iffy tarmac that I ride across daily. It seems to be holding up pretty well apart from a minor tear from when I put the bike on the tarmac in a minor accident.

Crandoggler

Are they really that good of a saddle?

Top Bottom