Lifespan of a Charge Spoon saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
Are they really that good of a saddle?
I hated the one I tried, most painful saddle I've had!!

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Maybe it's just my bumcakes that are failing?

Maybe it's your shorts that have done their last few miles?

I didn't think that much about them, til I did a 300k this year in my older shorts. I suppose the padding had worn, they had seen about 5000 miles.

I thought I would have to go to the @rse ward of the hospital when I got back...

Cubist

Still wavin'
The padding on the old style spoon is firmer than the Flux I'm led to believe, although the chassis are identical. I've got them on every bike, and a Knife on the road bike, and haven't experienced any loss of support. What I do get is the infernal creaking where the rails join the base on the older ones. Try a Scoop.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Maybe it's your shorts that have done their last few miles?

I didn't think that much about them, til I did a 300k this year in my older shorts. I suppose the padding had worn, they had seen about 5000 miles.

I thought I would have to go to the @rse ward of the hospital when I got back...

Shorts are fairly new. I remember the foam padding on some cheap shorts leaking out through a split seam. I won't go into too much details but 'throbbing like a tailgunners thumb' would be putting it mildly. It was after that ride I decided to start buying expensive shorts, which was a damn good decision.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Shorts are fairly new. I remember the foam padding on some cheap shorts leaking out through a split seam. I won't go into too much details but 'throbbing like a tailgunners thumb' would be putting it mildly. It was after that ride I decided to start buying expensive shorts, which was a damn good decision.

xx(

I'm going recumbent on long rides now...
Drastic, but the memory of that pain never leaves :ohmy:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The saddle will be fine. I've snapped two Knifes as they are crap.

Top Bottom