longest track stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

I did a 37 minute track stand this afternoon, whilst watching BBC news 24 in my TV room. And I wanted to go for for a wee for most of it!

Afterwards I had a piece of haloumi sandwiched between 2 slices of polenta in a strict carb / protein ratio, to aid recovery.

All washed down with a cup of green tea - to destroy free radicals, making sure I don't get flu during my winter training.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Bad move.

Your tyres will have seriously flat-spotted and the next time you take the bike out it will go KERLUMP KERLUP KERLUMP KERLUM KERLUMP and all your fillings will fall out.

longers

Legendary Member
Is polenta any good?

Other than making Halloumi butties - what else could I eat it with?

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

And then half a glass of red wine, the polyphenols in which will destroy any remaining free radicals, taking me right up to spring training, cold and flu free.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

longers said:
Is polenta any good? Other than making Halloumi butties - what else could I eat it with?

It's OK. I only eat stuff like that because I can make geometric shapes with my food. I'm a bit funny like that.

Yes. You can rest a nice bit of fillet steak, trimmed into a perfect square, on top of a piece of polenta. You can fry the polenta whilst the steak is resting. The quick cooking time of foods like polenta are all they're really good for.

longers

Legendary Member
What do you do with the offcuts?

You could make a terrine from the weeks trimmings and cut that into geometric shapes for your sunday dinner - with gravy on it :angry:

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

longers said:
What do you do with the offcuts?

You could make a terrine from the weeks trimmings and cut that into geometric shapes for your sunday dinner - with gravy on it :angry:

Hmmm, now we're talking. I could make a nonagon out of all that with some gravy ice cubes positioned around.

Abitrary said:
Hmmm, now we're talking. I could make a nonagon out of all that with some gravy ice cubes positioned around.
I've just taken out a patent for the edible Rubik's cube, so nob off and don't even think about copying it.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

I'd be like heston blumenthal, going round my restaurant with a welders mask on, blowtorching my Michelin 3 star frozen gravy cubes, adding a bit of dash to the lives of my non-deserving customers.

Abitrary said:
I'd be like heston blumenthal, going round my restaurant with a welders mask on, blowtorching my Michelin 3 star frozen gravy cubes, adding a bit of dash to the lives of my non-deserving customers.
I like that. After the madness of El Bulli, where else can you go, except to make your overpaid customers play Russian Roulette with their miserable lives?

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Also, I was today reading that the new fashion is swedish cubes of rock, that you put in the freezer, to cool your drinks down.

Top Bottom