longest track stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I thought you had already tried that.

:thumbsup:;)

MessenJah

Rider
Trackstanding for long periods of time is more about endurance of boredom than anything like skill or strength. Once you can trackstand you can trackstand forever if you really want to, but it gets boring at around the 5 second mark, after which I start to think "what the f*ck is the point in this?!".

I was considering doing an 8-hour trackstand to raise money for charity but I can't even sit somewhere for half an hour without moving. Sitting still for sixteen times that amount of time is out of the question.

By the way does anyone else find it easier to do no-handed trackstands than one- or two-handed ones?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
MessenJah said:
Trackstanding for long periods of time is more about endurance of boredom than anything like skill or strength. Once you can trackstand you can trackstand forever if you really want to, but it gets boring at around the 5 second mark, after which I start to think "what the f*ck is the point in this?!".

I was considering doing an 8-hour trackstand to raise money for charity but I can't even sit somewhere for half an hour without moving. Sitting still for sixteen times that amount of time is out of the question.

By the way does anyone else find it easier to do no-handed trackstands than one- or two-handed ones?
Anyone know the feeling when someone has just gone a bit too far ? :thumbsup:

I would have thought standing on any railway track should be for the shortest possible time. ;)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
MessenJah said:

Sort of, if the surface is right(i have the balls when i'm clipped in) i can do them and it be easy. If i do it on a slope i normally end up messing them up.
I think its because the wheel is loose, and sits at the right angle. I was doing no-handed ones at school for ages, and even found that backwards circle(well only managed one backways circle) was easier no handed then with hands on the bars.

MessenJah

Rider
I reckon I could do no handed back circles IF they didnt make my wheel turn past 90 degrees (thus throwing me off the bike). Maybe if I had some sort of steering limiter... hmmm
hmm.gif

yello

I thought of building a small house out of polenta once. It would have had to have been small because I didn't have a lot of polenta.

Joe24

MessenJah said:
I reckon I could do no handed back circles IF they didnt make my wheel turn past 90 degrees (thus throwing me off the bike). Maybe if I had some sort of steering limiter... hmmm
hmm.gif

I loose it when me left foot gets to the front, find it hard to trackstand like that. When my right foot is forward, i can trackstand and go as far back as the pedals being at 1 and 7.
Annoys me, and confuses me:wacko:

Joe24

MessenJah said:
I learnt to trackstand with my foot through the frame today. Utterly pointless of course.

I had a few goes at doing that, but my bottle cage kept getting in the way. Do you keep the pedals at 3 and 9 or do they have to be moved up abit?

Top Bottom