Look what I got for £1000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iGaz

Look what I got for £1000!!!

2 owners.
95k on the clock.
Full main dealer history.
Every receipt.
Every MoT ticket.
Absolutely mint condtion.

2011-04-16_14-55-03_405.jpg

6 cylinder 4 litre auto. Fully loaded, everything works. Just got to get a bike rack. And still follow the rules, bike is still more expensive than the car!!!

2011-04-16_14-55-17_269.jpg

Russell Allen

Large engined exec type cars are a total bargain at the moment (they have been for a good few years) you get so much luxury for your money. As long as you dont rack up huge mileages the "total cost of ownership" is very favourable too. I have run an LPG converted E320 merc of similar vintage which cost £6000 six years ago and has given me 110000 miles of motoring, and looks good to give me many more. With the LPG it has been no dearer to run than a 2.0l Diesel family estate. I know these cars are seen as polluters but surely to wear them out before they go to the great scrapyard in the sky is better than replacing it with a modern "greener" car. All those materials and energy going to waste

Russell

OP
OP
I

iGaz

Large engined exec type cars are a total bargain at the moment (they have been for a good few years) you get so much luxury for your money. As long as you dont rack up huge mileages the "total cost of ownership" is very favourable too. I have run an LPG converted E320 merc of similar vintage which cost £6000 six years ago and has given me 110000 miles of motoring, and looks good to give me many more. With the LPG it has been no dearer to run than a 2.0l Diesel family estate. I know these cars are seen as polluters but surely to wear them out before they go to the great scrapyard in the sky is better than replacing it with a modern "greener" car. All those materials and energy going to waste

Russell

Yup, looking at a LPG conversion for it. Being an older car, the fuel system will be less susceptible to problems compared with the more modern highly stressed and over monitored petrol engine. Fortunately I don't do many miles and mainly ride to work. Well a 20 mile loop, my work is only 3/4 mile from my front door!!

very nice, ofset your carbon footprint by riding alot!

I do, but unfortunately, High 5 and SiS energy drinks give me gas! lol

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Best thing is road tax is £205 a year.

How come it's so low for a car that large? My great uncle always ran Daimlers/Jags with LPG conversions and got very respectable mileage from them. Lovely looking car by the way, despite me usually only lusting after diesel estates! :biggrin:

iLB

Hello there
What make of car is it? Serious question.

it's a jag...
rolleyes.gif
thumbsup.png

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
My brother has just sold his 1999 XJR V8 Supercharged for £4500 68K miles. Same colour as this one.

Mind you a new head gasket set cost £2500 fitted.

A car that cost £45000 when new.

OP
OP
I

iGaz

Just wafted to Plymouth and back. 160 mile round trip. Average 29mpg, was expecting about 15mpg!! Off to get bike rack tomorrow, with all the dead bodies in the boot and all, not much room for bikes.

Top Bottom