Look what I got for £1000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rebel Ian

iGaz, you have a lot to answer for. Yesterday I bought this.......

51 plate XJ8, one owner, main dealer service history and just 21,000 miles. And to put it into context, I paid the same as the cost of a 5 year old Ford Focus!

007fair

iGaz, you have a lot to answer for. Yesterday I bought this.......

51 plate XJ8, one owner, main dealer service history and just 21,000 miles. And to put it into context, I paid the same as the cost of a 5 year old Ford Focus!

wow looks really smooth any idea how much a major service costs?

Rebel Ian

wow looks really smooth any idea how much a major service costs?

Yes, I've signed up to a service plan with my local Jag dealer for the next two services (one minor/one major) plus the next two MOTs and two health checks for £399 so substantially less than the BMW dealer wants to maintain my 3 series diesel.

OP
OP
I

iGaz

I just done my mates wedding. Well mate of a mate.

jag2.jpg

jag.jpg

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
cool isetta, if memory serves me right they don't have reverse and you get out through the front as such if you pulled up close to a wall you could not get out or reverse. What fun to drive though.
Think they did not have reverse so you could drive it on a motorycycle licence or something like that.

Raging Squirrel

the isetta's didn't have reverse because they used BMW motorbike engines, would have been too costly to strip the gearbox and add a reverse gear and the mechs to select the gear for such a cheap car

Isettas have always had reverse gear. They are a modified bike engine BMW engine (was 250cc made 300cc) with its own gearbox. The reverse is an urban myth promulgated by Clarkson. The British 3 wheeler version supposedly had a blanking plate to stop reverse 'cause you could drive it on a motorcycle licence at 16 but I have had 6 now and never seen one.

Insurance £60 fully comp, 80 mpg 0-50 in half a day, great motoring.

Top Bottom