Lost - walking boots.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Yes, except for the garage - there be spiders!

I've scoured it twice without success. ☹️

Maybe the spiders have stolen them and walked off. Have you lost another three pairs of shoes recently?

Not if they haven't been found. Usual pattern, in my experience, is:

Man searches for hours, days, even weeks, doesn't find item

Woman "searches", and, within 5 minutes, has found item ;)

There is a joke along similar lines and I think it came from Omid Jalil - the Catholic Church will not make a woman a priest as they know that she will find the Holy Grail within minutes after being ordained a priest.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I left my cycling shoes on the ground beside my car and drove away. As soon as I realised that they were missing from their usual place went back to where I had last seen them.
Lying where I had left them was an old pair of trainers and my shoehorn. Who would steal a pair of non expensive shoes.
Good point was that the cleats from Aldi did not quite match the spd pedals and were a bit slow and unpredictable to unclip. Not a problem on the trike but on two wheels I hope the culprit came a cropper.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Who would steal a pair of non expensive shoes.
A thief who was wearing an even less expensive pair of old trainers...

... and who has the same size feet as you! :whistle:

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
I left my cycling shoes on the ground beside my car and drove away. As soon as I realised that they were missing from their usual place went back to where I had last seen them.
Lying where I had left them was an old pair of trainers and my shoehorn. Who would steal a pair of non expensive shoes.
Good point was that the cleats from Aldi did not quite match the spd pedals and were a bit slow and unpredictable to unclip. Not a problem on the trike but on two wheels I hope the culprit came a cropper.

Maybe they were too poor for new shoes?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A thief who was wearing an even less expensive pair of old trainers...

... and who has the same size feet as you! :whistle:

Has to be a cyclist and almost certainly with spd but probably left his shoes at home when he came on holiday and saw a handy opportunity. I say he as not many women have size 9 feet tho' in modern times there is a tendency to get more women with larger feet than in the past. We used to sell socks so noticed this tendency.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I say he as not many women have size 9 feet tho' in modern times there is a tendency to get more women with larger feet than in the past. We used to sell socks so noticed this tendency.
It is true that people are getting bigger, and I don't mean just fatter!

I was saying to someone the other day that "I used to be tall" (6' 1"at 15 or 16 years of age) . I was the tallest person in the school. These days there could easily be 3 or 4 boys taller than that per class, and probably quite a few who are 6' 4"+ in the school!

I was on one forum ride and there were 3 men at least 4" taller than me out of about 20 riders.

My ex-partner was unusually tall for a woman - around 5' 10" - but I see many more young women of that kind of height now. There was a 6' tall woman ahead of me in the queue at Aldi the other night.

vickster

Legendary Member
It is true that people are getting bigger, and I don't mean just fatter!

I was saying to someone the other day that "I used to be tall" (6' 1"at 15 or 16 years of age) . I was the tallest person in the school. These days there could easily be 3 or 4 boys taller than that per class, and probably quite a few who are 6' 4"+ in the school!

I was on one forum ride and there were 3 men at least 4" taller than me out of about 20 riders.

My ex-partner was unusually tall for a woman - around 5' 10" - but I see many more young women of that kind of height now. There was a 6' tall woman ahead of me in the queue at Aldi the other night.

My father is 80 and at his tallest, he was a smidge over 6’4!! A giant for his generation!
My grandfather was around 6’2 born in 1915 or thereabouts!
My mother however was only around 5’1.5 at her tallest…hence I never quite made it to 5’10 or my brother to 6’!

Top Bottom