lots of bits following purchase of new bike & donation of a 2nd one.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On the scrounge again (but am getting rid of a couple of bits as well, so happily swap should you want 2 almost brand new single mattresses (could be wide single, need to measure them up)http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/2-single-mattresses-almost-new.119469/ ).

I'm needing the following for my 'new' bike - this being the accidental acquisition at the weekend :whistle:
The new bike is a mountain bike btw.
  1. A pannier rack - normal type, bike has both rack and brake bosses so nothing fancy needed, but it does need to be 10mm thick bars not anything smaller, becuase my panniers are set-up with 11mm inserts. (sorted)
  2. pedals with toe clips (yes I know but I have to cycle in hiking boots due to a medical condition, so clipless is not an option, and the bike only has mtb flats which can't take a toe clip (which I do actually have, just don't have any functioning pedals for them). (sorted)
  3. Ergon grips - very long shot I know, but there could be someone out there, just after the standard ones Ergon GP1s. (sorted)
  4. cateye handle bar mounts - H-31 & H-34N.
  5. cateye pannier rack mount (2 are needed) (sorted)
Finally the other donated bike we acquired at the weekend needs
  1. mtb forks - don't need to be anything fancy - currently does not have suspension forks on the bike - not sure if it can have them or not.
Can collect (anything around Manchester - Warrington - Chester - Stoke-on-Trent areas) or happy to pay for postage on smaller parts (as well as the part). My brother can also be pulled in to assist because he will be driving up from Ilford to Stoke-On-Trent this weekend coming and over Christmas period as well.

thank you.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Are these pedals any good to you?

The metal ones are very smooth, but take clips with the less common bolt arrangement. The black plastic ones need re-greasing and one dust cap is missing.

The single toeclip is the same brand as the plastic pedals.

I don't want anything for them, just postage.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Are these pedals any good to you?
The metal ones are very smooth, but take clips with the less common bolt arrangement. The black plastic ones need re-greasing and one dust cap is missing.
The single toeclip is the same brand as the plastic pedals.
I don't want anything for them, just postage.

Not sure if my existing toe clips will fit them (the pedals are off a roadbike and have a failed bearing(s) and being a sealed unit I can't apparently fix them - but don't know much about them to be honest.) it looks like my toe clips may be the other fitting type?

IMG_4973.JPG

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I'm afraid they won't: both pairs bolt on from the top (either side-by-side or in front of each other).

Let me know if you don't get sorted: clips are cheaper than pedals.

In the meantime, fingers crossed that someone has a spare clip to go with my odd one...

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Got a pannier rack, hardly used, and live in warrington, yours for a tenner?
Stu
Also got a pannier pair you can have a look at, and also some spare pedals that may or may not take clips...

Any chance of a photo of the pedals please - it's the front/back that will tell me if they will take my clips. Also with the rack.
My OH is working in Stockton Heath so not too far, but car off the road for a few days whilst the garage try to find out why the brakes keep sticking on in freezing weather - only it never does it for them so needs to stay with them for a few cold nights to try to replicate problem - and I am busy cycling in the opposite direction for the next few days - pushing that extra 20-25 miles round trip will be more than my bad leg can manage with what I have been upto this week!
Don't need the panniers though - had a set going free on the forums (now claimed by at least 3 people last time I looked :-) thanks

Cyclist33

hi, will get round to the photo tonight. i have a hunch they wont be suitable but anyhoo.

the rack is a Tortec Tour while u wait for my pics. in black!

i am v close to stockton heath as i live on the south side of town.

stu

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
hi, will get round to the photo tonight. i have a hunch they wont be suitable but anyhoo.

the rack is a Tortec Tour while u wait for my pics. in black!

i am v close to stockton heath as i live on the south side of town.

stu

Sounds like you might be between my OH and my car right now! He works just over the (northside) of the ship canal...
Is it this rack?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000P1TN...rand=640807185499503444&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=
I would need to check I can mount my rear light to it -but I could purchase a seat post mount of it if necessary.

Cyclist33

thats the one. i live along the northside of the ship canal so probably exceedingly close!

i bolted a reflector to the back of the rack and just clip my rear light to my jacket, rucksack or saddlebag as required.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
thats the one. i live along the northside of the ship canal so probably exceedingly close!

i bolted a reflector to the back of the rack and just clip my rear light to my jacket, rucksack or saddlebag as required.
OK - I'll PM you... when I get back from physio which is a 30mile round cycle trip so may take a while!
I use the same light across all my bikes - it can clip on but it is better it does not (cateye tl ld-1100). My OH works next to Morrisons

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i have a few various racks to get rid off if still looking will get some pics up on my listing in for sale section by fri pm , would have to post though

Top Bottom