lots of bits following purchase of new bike & donation of a 2nd one.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cavalol

Guru
Don't like to promise anything 100% (just in case!) but I'm damned sure I have some spare suspension type mountain bike forks here (Chester) and if so you can have them for nothing if you want them. They worked ok when last used, nothing fancy probably just bog standard SunTour ones.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Don't like to promise anything 100% (just in case!) but I'm damned sure I have some spare suspension type mountain bike forks here (Chester) and if so you can have them for nothing if you want them. They worked ok when last used, nothing fancy probably just bog standard SunTour ones.
If you have that would be fantastic - thank you. I can even ride as far as Chester now with my bad leg, so even better!

Cavalol

Guru
Right oh, give me a couple of days or so please. I might know tomorrow (depends on daylight hours and work etc) but shouldn't be too long.
Cuddington rings a bell, is that Northwich way? Date/time permitting I may be up for a ride out on one of the fleet and meet you somewhere, though I may bottle out of riding up Kelsall hill!

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
not a problem - in theory we are away on Saturday for 2 weeks but the weather looks that bad for the UK over the Christmas week that I suspect we will still be at home - we were due to be camping wild in scotland for 2 weeks, but I think we may ride out from home each day (or drive somewhere and ride from there) for the first week. Last time I looked the entire country had 3 rain drops over it for almost every single day... it may get better it may not, so we are totally flexible in that area - I'm still recovering from a nasty leg injury so we have to look after it rather than push too hard. didn't think kelsall hill was that bad was it but I have only done it the once on the south side of the A54 before returning to the A54 to get home. Cuddington sounds like it is where you think it is, though we usually come through Delamere forest way when we cycle to Chester... thank you. PM me when you 'know'. thanks

Cavalol

Guru
I'm on different shifts now until Sat so there's always one afternoon or morning this week if you like. I went to the garage to check today, then completely forgot what I went in there for and started messing about with a horrible/cheap mountain bike I have which I couldn't fix anyhow! Somewhere here though I've definitely got some suspension forks as I have at least three spares bikes kicking about.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
This afternoon is out because I already have a 30 miles round trip in for physio (which looks like it is going to be very wet).
I could probably make it over tomorrow afternoon, once my parents leave after collecting the mattresses that are going (to make room to bring the 2 tourers inside so we can give the mtb's a home). All we would then need to do is to work out how to strap a set of mtb forks to a road bike... maybe I will bring a pannier... thanks - will PM you.

Top Bottom