Lurker finally signs up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ganymede

Veteran
Hello all

I have been reading this forum for ages and finally cracked this morning when I saw a thread which I really HAD to reply to. Alas I didn't realise it would take a while before I can do so, so here is my introductory greeting instead.

I'm based in the Kent countryside and use my bike for getting to the station as part of my commute, for visiting local family members and for shopping. Even though most of these trips are only 3 1/2 to 5 miles one-way, and I don't cycle every day, I still managed to save myself over £1,000 in mileage and parking over the past year, so I am a happy cyclist - or maybe just a Person on Bike!

I hope now I've taken the plunge I will get involved in some interesting conversations and have some questions I've always wanted to ask answered. Cheers!

nicholas

Über Member
Hello and welcome :hello:

sully992

Regular
Hi

I'm intrigued which post made you take the plunge? Haha

Welcome along, I'm new too but enjoying the place already :biggrin:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Hello all

I have been reading this forum for ages and finally cracked this morning when I saw a thread which I really HAD to reply to. Alas I didn't realise it would take a while before I can do so, so here is my introductory greeting instead.

I'm based in the Kent countryside and use my bike for getting to the station as part of my commute, for visiting local family members and for shopping. Even though most of these trips are only 3 1/2 to 5 miles one-way, and I don't cycle every day, I still managed to save myself over £1,000 in mileage and parking over the past year, so I am a happy cyclist - or maybe just a Person on Bike!

I hope now I've taken the plunge I will get involved in some interesting conversations and have some questions I've always wanted to ask answered. Cheers!

Hello and welcome to the Forum , i too am based in the garden around West Malling. If you get the chance get out there beyond your commute and sample the great rides we have in the county. It becomes addictive :whistle:

Enjoy wherever your ride:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ganymede

Ganymede

Veteran
How lovely to get all your replies, especially with waving smileys.

Hillwimp, I am near Cranbrook in the low Weald, so not far from you at all.

Sully992, it was actually a personal post in the Chat forum which I really wanted to reply to, but I now find I can't and I'm not sure how long it will be! But I've always had questions I wanted to ask and have sometimes experienced incidents (nothing horrible) which I've felt like sharing, including a nice one which I posted yesterday in Today A Good Driver... in Commuting, so I may end up like Beebo with a squillion posts.

One thing I've always enjoyed on this forum is all the icons - I enjoyed the outbreak of rabbits a while ago - some are so cute and funny and some are rather elegant, and some frankly bonkers. As I signed up on the spur of the moment I haven't got the right one lined up for me but I don't want to stay "?" forever so I must find something. I quite like being a bit anonymous to begin with!

BTW what got me back to cycling was actually watching Bradley win the Tour. Honestly, and I only cycle 3 1/2 miles to the station. But I feel the spirit of cycling!!

:hello:

Top Bottom