Lurker finally signs up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi @Ganymede and :welcome: from one of the rabbits.;)

Glad you're enjoying the cycling. Don't worry about it only being a short distance - many of us started like that. It was a 3 mile each way commute in my case and now I've got my first century ride under my belt and want to do more.^_^

OP
OP
Ganymede

Ganymede

Veteran
Hi Phil

It is creeping up on me v-e-r-y gradually - the other day I did one of my usual A-B rides and found myself on a scenic detour, did and extra 3 miles just for fun.

Where will it all end???!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi Phil

It is creeping up on me v-e-r-y gradually - the other day I did one of my usual A-B rides and found myself on a scenic detour, did and extra 3 miles just for fun.

Where will it all end???!
Welcome Ganymede!
It will end with you huffing and puffing up a big hill with other cyclechatters, thinking " how did I end up here, I only wanted to cycle the 5 miles to work and back" :wacko: :laugh:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
How lovely to get all your replies, especially with waving smileys.

Hillwimp, I am near Cranbrook in the low Weald, so not far from you at all.

Sully992, it was actually a personal post in the Chat forum which I really wanted to reply to, but I now find I can't and I'm not sure how long it will be! But I've always had questions I wanted to ask and have sometimes experienced incidents (nothing horrible) which I've felt like sharing, including a nice one which I posted yesterday in Today A Good Driver... in Commuting, so I may end up like Beebo with a squillion posts.

One thing I've always enjoyed on this forum is all the icons - I enjoyed the outbreak of rabbits a while ago - some are so cute and funny and some are rather elegant, and some frankly bonkers. As I signed up on the spur of the moment I haven't got the right one lined up for me but I don't want to stay "?" forever so I must find something. I quite like being a bit anonymous to begin with!

BTW what got me back to cycling was actually watching Bradley win the Tour. Honestly, and I only cycle 3 1/2 miles to the station. But I feel the spirit of cycling!!

:hello:

I know Cranbrook well as i used to live in Goudhurst in the early 90's. Lovely part of the county and some fantastic cycling too, i am out that way often . Don't envy your cycle to the station on that busy road though. Be safe.

OP
OP
Ganymede

Ganymede

Veteran
I know Cranbrook well as i used to live in Goudhurst in the early 90's. Lovely part of the county and some fantastic cycling too, i am out that way often . Don't envy your cycle to the station on that busy road though. Be safe.

Aw, thanks. Actually I live in Frittenden so I can get to the station on nearly all back roads - I do use bits of the A229 to get to the farm shop or cycle into Cranbrook but I wouldn't like the drag up from the plant nursery through the woods - bad enough in a car with all those bends!

Goudhurst is beautiful but I'm happy to be less hilly!

How lovely to get all your replies, especially with waving smileys.

Hillwimp, I am near Cranbrook in the low Weald, so not far from you at all.

Sully992, it was actually a personal post in the Chat forum which I really wanted to reply to, but I now find I can't and I'm not sure how long it will be! But I've always had questions I wanted to ask and have sometimes experienced incidents (nothing horrible) which I've felt like sharing, including a nice one which I posted yesterday in Today A Good Driver... in Commuting, so I may end up like Beebo with a squillion posts.

One thing I've always enjoyed on this forum is all the icons - I enjoyed the outbreak of rabbits a while ago - some are so cute and funny and some are rather elegant, and some frankly bonkers. As I signed up on the spur of the moment I haven't got the right one lined up for me but I don't want to stay "?" forever so I must find something. I quite like being a bit anonymous to begin with!

BTW what got me back to cycling was actually watching Bradley win the Tour. Honestly, and I only cycle 3 1/2 miles to the station. But I feel the spirit of cycling!!

:hello:
:welcome:
Rabbits?? What rabbits????? :secret:

Top Bottom