M&S rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

2) He's checked with their legal team, and the 'reverse burden of proof' means that the onus is on us to prove that the goods were damaged before they were delivered.

Now, I don't know what their legal team is made up of, but that last statement is completely backwards. The onus is on M&S to prove that the damaged bed that they sent us was not damaged before they sent it to us.

QUOTE]

Assuming that you are seeking repair or replacement, I thought that the reversal of the burden of proof works in your favour. sSo, as you say, M&S would need to show there was no problem.

Mr Pig

My wife's parents ordered a fitted office/bedroom from MFI last year and I fitted it. It was going to sit for a few weeks before I could get it sorted so I told them to open every box and check they'd got the right stuff and nothing was broken. 'Yip, sure thing, it's all fine' they said a few days later.

They'd opened two boxes and couldn't be bothered doing the rest. Turned out they had whole units missing and two large parts they had no use for!

MFI were fine about it and they got it all sorted out with a couple of phone calls. I've fitted three kitchens from MFI and found them to be really good to deal with then too. It's a shame they've shut.

I think where they went wrong was when they stopped stocking items at the stores. When they did that you could get a replacement part the next day. After they moved to a central distribution system it could take a week, which is a long time when you're in the middle of fitting a kitchen.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Mr Pig said:
MFI were fine about it and they got it all sorted out with a couple of phone calls. I've fitted three kitchens from MFI and found them to be really good to deal with then too. It's a shame they've shut.
MFI shut? :smile: Who's going to do all our spying and stuff now? :smile: ;)

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Result! Well done! And you've certainly knocked a hole in my confidence in M+S. Well, actually you haven't, because tow of the three cashmere jumpers I bought myself at Christmas have gone crappy after the first wash, and one has a hole in it.

col

Legendary Member
Great result for you, shame it took a threat of legal action to get them moving, not what you would expect from such a store.

Top Bottom