Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
So we have a cracking fish and chip shop and a cracking real ale pub.....can we go tomorrow?
Is there anything at the top of the Orme? :whistle:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
So with 4-5 expressions of interest it is debatable whether there would be enough to make it worthwhile to organise

A question:

There are hundreds of CCers who live close enough to do the ride so what's putting folk off? I would rather modify the ride and get a decent number than cancel it.

Too long?
Too far in the future to think about?
Too faffy getting the train home?
Bad starting place?
Something else?

Open to suggestions ..... or equally a deluge of lurkers who didn't fancy expressing interest. I fully expect the usual attrition rate (at least 50% drop out) so don't worry about expressing interest and not being able to make it nearer the time. All I am trying to do is get a feeling whether its worthwhile putting the work in to organise it at this stage

clid61

Veteran
I'll defintley come along ,easy enough for me to ride into manchester for start , or get train in.Do you have a date in mind ?

As for your points above . People need flexibilty , hopefully if cant start in manchester join en route , ride back home , go by train , stay over ,many options .!

Should be a good informal laugh with many cake stops

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'll defintley come along ,easy enough for me to ride into manchester for start , or get train in.Do you have a date in mind ?

As for your points above . People need flexibilty , hopefully if cant start in manchester join en route , ride back home , go by train , stay over ,many options .!

Should be a good informal laugh with many cake stops

That's why I planned it like I did. We can pick up people en route and equally they can hop off the train wherever on the way back.

I'm thinking a Saturday mid-late April when the weather should be improving

subaqua

What’s the point
I am up for this depending on dates. I might even do a recce at easter as will be stopping with folks in Buckley.

if it is a saturday or Sunday it would be brilliant as can then get a train back from Llandudno to Llundain.

I'll express interest as you must be coming past the bottom of the Wirral but it's a long time away, I'm not even riding my bike now due to a knee problem, except intermittently but I like the idea and it might give me an aim through the winter. It's a ride I've been thinking about anyhow.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Saturday April 25

Better than Sunday because more return trains and, most importantly, the fish and chips restaurant ain't open on a Sunday

And here's a photo of the NCN to get you in the mood

pensarn1.jpg

Last edited:

400bhp

Guru
I was thinking about this but doing it in the opposite direction!

The main reason being that the prevailing wind is usually westerley.

subaqua

What’s the point
now in google calendar so wifey can't say no. she won't anyway and will be happy to have a trip to N Wales again anyway . just me riding though. and i maight train it up on friday and then train home sunday and stop at my dads fri and sat.

Top Bottom