Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
If I was there I would have told you to shut up Nick :okay:

mike3121

rich p

ridiculous old lush
age had not withered them, apart from Rich P who sadly looked like he had been disinterred specially for the ride
Quality @Origamist !
...and you'd have seen how near it was to the truth if only you'd made it to the finish!
Here we go, just for Rich P.....

Sung by Bonnie Tyler, whereas the performer we finally remembered that sung Lylac Wine was Elkie Brooks.

Never been seen in the same room skolly:whistle:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
This was after your resident bike mechanics, @I like Skol and me pronounced your bike "good to go"
It is a bugger indeed. I spotted the damage as I unloaded it from the roofrack at Cubes place. This was after giving it a quick check over when I picked it up from the pub and again giving it a clean bill of health. Only when I flipped the bike around to wheel it into his garage did I spot the small area of chipped paintwork on the otherwise undamaged side of the bike. :sad:

I believe there are companies that can repair such damage or maybe it is covered by an accidental damage extension on your house insurance if you are lucky?

Cubist

Still wavin'
I think I have a £300 excess on accidental damage. By the time I factor in new glasses (titanium varifocals with pentax lenses) a £200 paramo jacket, a fifty quid helmet and the jersey and bibtights the hospital cut off, the frame may be the only thing I pay for.

I'm afraid most of the evidence is pointing to the fact I may have been unconscious before I came off. No marks on my gloves, no pedal damage, no ripped bar tape, just nudged out of alignment. I'll have to get the doc to check it out.

Cubist

Still wavin'
It is a bugger indeed. I spotted the damage as I unloaded it from the roofrack at Cubes place. This was after giving it a quick check over when I picked it up from the pub and again giving it a clean bill of health. Only when I flipped the bike around to wheel it into his garage did I spot the small area of chipped paintwork on the otherwise undamaged side of the bike. :sad:

I believe there are companies that can repair such damage or maybe it is covered by an accidental damage extension on your house insurance if you are lucky?
If you press it in there's a soft bit which gives under pressure in the middle of the tube.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'm afraid most of the evidence is pointing to the fact I may have been unconscious before I came off.
I can't remember if we suggested it to you after the accident while waiting for the ambulance or when Nick and me discussed the incident but I did put forward the possibility that you had blacked out before falling off as there was no reason for you to go down where you did. Definitely worth raising the idea with your doctor.

Cubist

Still wavin'
That would also fit with the way you were lying @Cubist - flat out face down with your right arm under your body, as if you'd just gone straight down without even putting a hand out to save yourself. You can't have had time to even begin to unclip either, which is probably how the bike ended up on top of you :sad:.
Yep, it begins to make sense. I wasn't feeling poorly, had had plenty to eat and drink, yet absolutely blank after I passed nickyboy at top of the lane.

doughnut

Veteran
Yep, it begins to make sense. I wasn't feeling poorly, had had plenty to eat and drink, yet absolutely blank after I passed nickyboy at top of the lane.
Maybe @nickyboy was singing that "Here comes the sun" song again, and your body just shut down. I heard that everyone on his corridor at the Travellodge got refunds after he started singing in the shower after the ride.

Top Bottom