Manchester to Leeds (and back) 80 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
Just fishing for any interest in this ride and route. If enough respond we can arrange a date for it.

I will be cycling from Tottington (Bury) so anyone in the area can meet me on the way to Manchester.

Meeting point in Manchester will be Manchester Victoria Train Station. To Leeds Train Station for anyone that doesn't wish to do the full run.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Hmmmmm. Straight up the A62?

400bhp

Guru
I'm interested but 80 miles seems a bit optimistic. I would have thought more like 100.

Can you post a route please?

potsy

Rambler
Na I have a route in my head, will be going via todmorden, hebden bridge etc over the hills.

I'm out
biggrin.gif

More like 90-100 miles I'd have thought Simba, with the hills it'll feel like 120 anyway.

Calum

Sounds like fun! If i'm about on the date decided, then i'd love to come! If you're a little stuck for a route, Colinj will give you a hand i'm sure! :biggrin:

Calum

Biggest pain in the arse I can see, would be after the hills, getting to Leeds. - The big Halifax/Huddersfield sprawl is pretty grim to get through. Actually, Manchester to Sheffield via Snake Pass might be a nicer route...

Bokonon

Über Member
Not very inspired, but I have (unintentionally) done A635 to Holmfirth, A616 to Huddersfield and then A62 into Leeds. This was fairly early on a Sunday morning, so the bit out of Manchester was pretty quiet at the time. Huddersfield is always crap to cycle in and so would be best avoided. The A62 isn't too bad as the M62 takes most of the traffic; it is also flat compared to the side roads in the area.

Depending on date/time I'd do the reverse, meeting for my return/your departure in Manchester.

Top Bottom