Manchester velodrome. Sunday 11th Sept 3pm to 5 pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
This time and date is open just now so if you fancy a couple of hours cycling round and round getting sweaty and breathless. :biggrin:

Register your name and if there is sufficient interest I'll make the booking:

Colly +6
Judderz +2
Teletext
Steviebabes
Shaun
Yahudamoon
evilclive +1
Bokonon
Calum

Note: When we get to 10 definites I'll make the booking assuming the times and dates are still open. If that time and date is gone I'll take a flyer and book another one around that time.

Saturdays and Sundays ok for everyone ? Just in case like.

Edited: So far we are up to 11 so I'll get it booked. Booked. Just waiting for confirmation. Confirmed.

Judderz

Sounds like a plan, I mentioned this last week to 2 friends, they were both up for it, but I know one of them is away from the 22nd Aug, I'll find out when he gets back and let you know.

Can you give us idea of costs, bike hire etc, bascially everything needed from us on the day so we don't turn up having forgot something.

Cheers

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
Sounds like a plan, I mentioned this last week to 2 friends, they were both up for it, but I know one of them is away from the 22nd Aug, I'll find out when he gets back and let you know.

Can you give us idea of costs, bike hire etc, bascially everything needed from us on the day so we don't turn up having forgot something.

Cheers

Costs will depend on how many bodies we can get. The hire of the track and a coach for 2 hours comes in at £252 so the more we get along the cheaper it will be.

£12.50 per person for the track etc assuming 20 riders (more if there are fewer riders less if more)
£10.50 for 2 hours bike hire
£ 4.50 for shoes. If you have shoes with look cleats you can use those.

As for anything else, well its just your usual kit really shorts, top, mitts, helmet (required).
Bring some drinks too, it gets very dry riding around indoors and while you can buy them there it works out expensive. Shower stuff and a change of clothes.

I will need to know what size bike everyone will need so they can be waiting for us when we get there.

If you already have a suitable track bike then you wouldn't need to hire one.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
To the future Mrs Danbo I assume you meant? :whistle:

Obviously :thumbsup:

evilclive

I'd like another go on the track - been a few years since my last visit.

I've also got a Manchester-based mate who's interested.

(Last time I was there I did ask about tandems :-) Unfortunately they were a bit precious about it - no mixing with solos, need to demonstrate riding a normal bike more, etc, so any chance of a quick fun ride like the taster sessions was out :-( )

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
Ok Clive I'll bung you and your mate for a place.

I bet a tandem around the track would be quite an experience. :biggrin:

Top Bottom