masters cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reacher

Does anyone know where to find information or links to this, specifically the 0ver 50s age group, i'v tried googling it and it appears their is such a thing but theirs no other information on results distances or such like, or alternatively has anyone entered events

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, you could start by looking at the LVRC (League of Veteran Racing Cyclists)!

OP
OP
R

reacher

yes i looked at that but its hard to fathom what the standard is, i'm just curious as to how good older guys are, from what i can see their not a lot slower than younger guys or am i reading the results wrongly

bianchi1

Guru
yes i looked at that but its hard to fathom what the standard is, i'm just curious as to how good older guys are, from what i can see their not a lot slower than younger guys or am i reading the results wrongly

Very good! Some ex professionals and some dedicated athletes. Extremely friendly bunch tho from my experience. While the racing is fast, the riders are all so experienced it's often much safer than some other forms of masters racing.

The trouble with older riders is they have (generally) more time to train so some are faster in their 50s than 30s. Well that's my plan anyway!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Do these guys look like they are messing about! :laugh:

tn.php

I think they take it pretty seriously!

I know someone who is nearly 80 and who still trains hard for his races ...

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
TLI also has age categories. I race in Cat B 45 to 50 years we tend to be mixed wit the age cat above or below. At times our races are faster than the immediately younger race held on the same night and other times we are slower On one race the breakaway from the older race 5 minutes behind us caught our main bunch and a break from one of our rces overtook the younger race in front, that is racing for you.
With British Cycling the masters racing seems to be confined to the track, although I may be corrected the BC road races seem to be senior or U23 along with the junior age groups. We had a UCI Masters Track World Champion in the three of the TLI crits this year I raced in. He won one of the races but got his tactics a bit out on the other two. My claim to fame, I beat him in one albeit the peleton of 50 riders helped me achieve this when he blew up half a mile from the line . :laugh::whistle:

http://www.tlicycling.org.uk/Default.aspx

OP
OP
R

reacher

I suspected as much, I guess logic says that they are going to be pretty sharp or they wouldn't be their

iggibizzle

From tt's I've done over the last season , the guys in thier 50's (a few exceptions aside) seem to be the quickest. A guy who is 69 (although some say he's at least 73) keeps getting quicker and quicker. Broke the veterans 10 record the other week. 20.25 or something like that.

Top Bottom