Mercian Strada Speciale 853 Pro Team

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Phrrrrrrp.

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Well that was fantastic. What a bike.
I met up with James and we headed out of town and into the country lanes. The first thing I noticed is how quiet the bike is, no rattles at all, cycling over the uneven country lanes there wasn't a sound.
This bike glides. It glides along the roads, super smooth soaking up all the bumps and road buzz with ease making cycling on the flat effortless. Smoother than Roger Moore after he's had a Shave.
The fog we had cycled in for the last hour finally lifted and the sun came out, the paintwork glinted in the morning sun. We stopped for a coffee which gave me a chance to take a photo

image.jpg

We popped into the bike shop after as they wanted to see it after I had wrapped the bar tape (and I wanted to borrow their torque wrench to make a few tweeks). While there we stuck it on the scales and it weighs 9.5kg, which for an all steel bike is pretty impressive.
Got home after 55 miles and gave it a good clean and a polish ready for tomorrow
image.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
AAAAaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hurry-up Jason (at Rourke) .... to be fair they are on-time but having read your report I'm even more impatient!

Interesting you mention 'gliding' and 'silence' as some of the more significant characteristics! One of the things I noticed in my Alu TCR riding days was how clattery it could be compared to older steel bikes that floated serenely by. Carbon fibre race bikes seem mega noisy in comparison.too. I couldn't spend a whole day on one it would drive me nuts!

Glad it rides as well as it looks, it's a beautiful build and should be a joy for ever.

Top Bottom