Milan-San Remo *SPOILER*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lots of quotes from Cavendish playing it down
- 'I'm only 23, never raced that distance, only going for the experience', etc

Could be smokescreen, could be genuine ?

The IsleOfMan Today thinks he has a chance !
http://www.iomtoday.co.im/sport/Glory-beckons-for-Cavendish-in.5086061.jp

I dunno, he hasn't done it before, I don't think his climbing's (yet !) up to it, but...

I think that as usual, it'll be whoever's close to the front over the top of the Poggio and can then best do that final descent and sprint in...
- one of the Cervelo boys, I'm tempted to say...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
carlwyckman said:
Anyone with a link to the startgrid?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2009/mar09/msr09/?id=startlist

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
Unbelievable!!. No way did I think Cav could pull that back but he did.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Good result for Cervelo as well. They're going to be a major factor this season

Liked Brian's comment on Eurosport........"the next generation is coming up"

Skip Madness

Well my Cervélo predictions were pretty close, but I was very glad to see Cavendish pip Haussler. He appeared very comfortable on the Cipressa and the Poggio, and Hincapie worked dutifully through the final five kilometres to keep Cavendish safe and in a good position. I still thought Haussler had caught everyone else out, though, and even seeing the replays it looked like Cavendish would never catch him. I was very impressed by how far ahead of the competition those two sprinters were. A new generation, indeed.

I wonder how much coverage this will get in the press, given that it is the biggest moment of his career so far. If the BBC Sports page is anything to go by, minimal. Yes yes, I know, why do I have to find something to complain about even today...

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
It looked Hassler had got that!!

Very odd to see a finish like that, Not sure how Hassler managed to get the jump on the rest so close to the finish.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Steve Austin said:
It looked Hassler had got that!!

Very odd to see a finish like that, Not sure how Hassler managed to get the jump on the rest so close to the finish.

I think the trains were too knackered to operate normally and I wondered if Cav was watching Hushovd and was expecting Hausler to be leading him out and not a threat in himself.

peanut

fantastic win .How on earth did he pull that one off. it looked totally lost to me . They'l be talking about this one for some time to come I reckon.

Noodley

Fantastic win. I really thought it was too early for Cav to be a classics winner, but I am delighted to have been proved wrong.

The guy's brilliant.

Top Bottom