Minor Races Thread 2015 - [SPOILERS]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Ah, those historical hotbeds of cycling: Argentina, Malaysia, Iran, ... :laugh:

There are currently only three World Tour events outside Europe* - the Tour Down Under and two one-day races in Canada.

(*Until the Tour of Poland achieved WT status, you could have narrowed that down further to Western Europe.)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
And yes, I know this thread is about minor races rather than the World Tour, but the WT is representative of European cycling's historical insularity.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
It's a yellow card from Purito
CRSFGoXWIAARxp9.jpg

sleaver

Veteran
So we should just continue to restrict the "World" Tour to the same small geographical area until the end of time?
Your trying to put words in my mouth. I said "currently" which you then later confirmed in your other posts.
However, while I'm sure we'd all love to see a Grand Tour staged in South America, the harsh reality is that new events will only be held where there is hard cash to support them.

On the other hand, it's never going to be a good idea to hold a race in a flat, dusty landscape with no corners for 300km and temperatures exceeding 50ºC.
Which is basically what I said.

@mjray I think @smutchin has covered your reply :laugh:

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
"Who's the bastard, who's the bastard, who's the bastard in the black? Who's the bastard in the black?"

Top Bottom