Modern Baths !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I had the same problem in my old house in Ainsdale. It was one of those Lion claw cast iron baths almost 2m long. It took an age to fill and being cast iron it lost heat quickly. I put it in the classified ads in Country Living for £1000 and it sold the first day the magazine came out. It took 6 men to get it out of the house. If I had 30 of them I could have sold them all. The phone didnt stop ringing for weeks.

A grand for an old bath, reminds me of this. :smile:

colly

Re member eR
I don't think mine was worth that much,well I hope not because I had to whack it with a sledge hammer to reduce it to managable sized bits.
It was un-feasibly heavy as a single unit.
Some bright spark suggested I climb inside the upturned bath and get it down stairs like a tortoise.

I had the same problem in my old house in Ainsdale. It was one of those Lion claw cast iron baths almost 2m long. It took an age to fill and being cast iron it lost heat quickly. I put it in the classified ads in Country Living for £1000 and it sold the first day the magazine came out. It took 6 men to get it out of the house. If I had 30 of them I could have sold them all. The phone didnt stop ringing for weeks.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
We took our bath out in the late nineties and put a shower box in. Big shower head and loads of hot water from the combi. Sometimes it's my favourite part of the day. I have a bath when I'm away on holiday sometimes.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I have a new ish bath and a leccy shower in it..i stopped having baths ages ago...water meter also stops me having a bath..
bath is a 1700x 800 max but its a P shape

screenman

Legendary Member
I have a new ish bath and a leccy shower in it..i stopped having baths ages ago...water meter also stops me having a bath..
bath is a 1700x 800 max but its a P shape

What like a little round green thing^_^

Photo0975.jpg
Photo0976.jpg

Last edited:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
We have a Victorian-style freestanding bath in one bathroom. The trouble is that it has been very badly re-enamelled (not proper enamel, but the DIY substitute). My research indicates that a second attempt at re-enamelling is a no-no, so we're sort-of looking for a replacement. Getting a new one up two flights of stairs, the second with a double-bend at the top, could be a challenge.

Top Bottom