Monkey tennis. Germany 6 England 2.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Anyone see this game? Once the Germans saw how useless the England goalie was, they were raining shots at her from everywhere and most of them went in. I heard she was so depressed, she went out after the game and threw herself under a bus...and the bus went under her! She was so upset, she tried to put her head in her hands...and missed! Her new nickname is Cinderella as she keeps missing the ball.

Imagine if she and Calamity James had kids....:smile:

al78

Guru
Uncle Mort said:
1966 was a very long time ago. For boys as well as girls.

And was helped by Brazil being knocked out in the group stages and a controversial referee decision in England's favour against Argentina in the quarter finals.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
al78 said:
And was helped by Brazil being knocked out in the group stages and a controversial referee decision in England's favour against Argentina in the quarter finals.

And all the more pleasurable due to your bitterness. Thanks.

postman

Legendary Member
Hard luck girls.I watched the game and England seemed to be playing withpout a full team.
Midfield was missing and the Goalie was poor.Better luck next time.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
so when was the last time that the mens' team got to the final of a major competition?

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
dellzeqq said:
so when was the last time that the mens' team got to the final of a major competition?

My team have been to many, many finals, thanks. The last time was a mere two seasons' ago but we are hoping to go one better this time.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
PaulB said:
My team have been to many, many finals, thanks. The last time was a mere two seasons' ago but we are hoping to go one better this time.
an expensively assembled melange of Spaniards and, well, Spaniards. Had Benitez stuck with the home grown product, Liverpool would be propping up the Vauxhall Conference

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
al78 said:
Not to mention 'the goal that wasn't. Apparently the Russian linesman who confirmed it, quizzed about it later, growled the single word: 'Stalingrad'.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
dellzeqq said:
an expensively assembled melange of Spaniards and, well, Spaniards. Had Benitez stuck with the home grown product, Liverpool would be propping up the Vauxhall Conference

So we're damned if we do and damned if we don't? No pleasing some people is there?

Top Bottom