Montage's fixed bike project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
ok so yellow tyres it is

....nah, leaning towards the blue. The wheels are built on order and I am told they will arrive the middle/end of next week.

So, I still need to order:
25mm seatpost, rim tape (not using electrical tape!), blue tyres and a naff knee friendly sprocket. The wheels come with an 18t, but I'll stick a wimpy 22t on the flop side of the flip-flop wheel.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
ok so yellow tyres it is

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my eyes.....and I haven't even seen yellow tyres today

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Damn...another problem. The guy building my wheels has said he is out of silver rims, which means I now have to chose between 30mm or 40mm deep white or black - think 40mm deep black wheels will ruin this bike?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Damn...another problem. The guy building my wheels has said he is out of silver rims, which means I now have to chose between 30mm or 40mm deep white or black - think 40mm deep black wheels will ruin this bike?

Noooooooo, black will look like **** with the rest of the build.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
My other options are the wait for 3 weeks for steel rims to be in stock (I will be at uni then - so a bit too late) or a refund (but seeing as this was done through paypal, that will be a lot of money lost through paypal fees).

hmmmm black hubs, silver spokes, black rim could work, there is enough black dotted around the rest of the bike

PpPete

Legendary Member
whilst black hub & rim with silver spokes looks OK, I'm concerned the deep section black rims might make it a little too "nickable" for a uni bike. I'd go for the 30mm.... just a bit less bling?.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
just changed my order to black hubs, silver spokes, black rims (30mm machined). All shoot porkeypete if it ends up looking naff! :biggrin:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
just changed my order to black hubs, silver rims, black rims

:?: :wacko:

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
still waiting on the wheels -

Tyres and rim tape came in the post though - the tyres look great in the flesh

Attachments