mp3 player and learning a language?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bonj said:
Who needs 160GB of storage on an mp3 player?

someone with 160gb of music? lossless encoding can increase file size, so a larger capacity would be needed for the same number of songs in mp3 format.

plus, ipods have the capability to store photo and video files. if you want to watch monsters inc. or somesuch on the bus on the way to work, you need a decent amount of storage.

if you still think we're all getting ripped off bonj, can't you just stay smug and enigmatic?

I like my ipod (and I'm new to MP3 players). The whole point, for me, was that I could put a practically limitless amount of music, all my photos (over 3 000) and a couple of films on it and still be nowhere near its capacity. What's more, all I had to do was download itunes and I was away. I have neither the time nor the inclination to piss about finding other programs via which I can download my music, or places where I might get downloads a couple of pence cheaper. If I was tied to itunes (which, from what others have said, I'm not), that would suit me fine, because it's quick and easy and it works well.

bonj2

alecstilleyedye said:
someone with 160gb of music? lossless encoding can increase file size, so a larger capacity would be needed for the same number of songs in mp3 format.

plus, ipods have the capability to store photo and video files. if you want to watch monsters inc. or somesuch on the bus on the way to work, you need a decent amount of storage.

if you still think we're all getting ripped off bonj, can't you just stay smug and enigmatic?

I'm not bothered about you. You're clearly too far gone to be saved, a lost cause. The people i'm trying to save are those who are teetering on the brink of the decision of whether to accept the whole ipod ethos and buy into the marketing gimmick and get sucked into the whole apple proprietary thing, or whether to be sensible and go for a flexible mp3 download service and get an inexpensive performant solid state device to play them on.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bonj said:
I'm not bothered about you. You're clearly too far gone to be saved, a lost cause. The people i'm trying to save are those who are teetering on the brink of the decision of whether to accept the whole ipod ethos and buy into the marketing gimmick and get sucked into the whole apple proprietary thing, or whether to be sensible and go for a flexible mp3 download service and get an inexpensive performant solid state device to play them on.

flip that on its head and you'll appreciate my take on things bonj…

Top Bottom