MTB chain cleaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Hang on who has said anything about what you ride ? You seem to have some sort of complex about it all.

Good point if it was not for the followers of fashion we would all still be riding around on 7 speed and paying a lot less for the privilege of doing so.

Well I hate to say it, but you have just managed to prove my point pretty succinctly.

Shadowfax

The correct answer that you are looking for is 'Squirt' dry lube. All my bikes are on it now, you can use it through the winter too. No more grimy grinding paste on the chain - quick hose down and the chain gleams again. in summer dry time you only need apply it every 2 or 3 rides. Really really can't speak highly enough about the stuff.
Never had grimy grinding paste with a dry chain.

Wink.

Shadowfax

Oh sorry i thought you were going to come up with some earth shattering evidence to back up your views on bike care.

Dissapointed.

Shadowfax

Anyway Ive got the kids to sort horses to do then a ride hopefully. Line up your posts and I'll try a nd deal with them next time I'm in. Have fun.

X

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Am I in before the thread gets locked? :rolleyes:

Ciar

Veteran
Depends where i ride, but if it's swinley it's gritty or epping depending on weather it's a mudfest eat your bike or dry and dusty, get home hose bike then use large sponge type object and water clean by dry chain and oil, stick in shed lock rinse repeat, it's a mtb and it gets dirty if it was to stay clean that often i would be worried!

currently it's having a new bb chainset and front brake fitted as it's been eaten alive by the winter weather ;-)

Top Bottom